Toothless E2DL

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia
Toothless E2DL, E1DL, MIKmod tailcaps, and 17670 boring.

MIKmod Toothless Defender heads and tailcaps.
headVert-1-11.jpg

Listed here are SureFire E-series modifications I do. All of which I have received 100% customer satisfaction.

E2DL, E1DL, and FURY DEFENDER DENTAL WORK

For those people who don't need or want the pointy teeth on the SureFire DEFENDERS, I machine the teeth down and dye the surfaces. I don't paint them, but rather I use an acid chemical mix to dye them. It is similar to anodizing but there is no electrolysis or heat involved. They look and feel beautiful up close and personal. Only $15 total which includes return shipping.

E1DL Before:

b440c399-cd6b-4899-99d6-affbb581896c_zpsc7fb13ab.jpg

E1DL After:

bbb91337-5db6-4564-bf30-dd79046c9fc5_zpsece48591.jpg

FURY DEFENDER Before and After
SFFURYB4ampA_zps69cbb43d.jpg

71ed3377-8696-470e-a29b-d85e66f5b7de_zps155aa1ed.jpg

17670 BORE SERVICE

I bore the E-series bodies to fit the 17670 battery. I wrap the body with a protective cover to protect the finish. The 17670 slides right in when I'm finished. Only $15 shipped.

THE MIKmod TAILCAP
I also modify E2D/E2DL and Z68 tailcaps to make ALL SureFire E-series very comfortable in the hand. This mod makes the button much easier to access as it eliminates having to poke your thumb or finger down inside to activate the button. It is amazing how comfortable this tailcap feels and yet it makes for a very firm grip on the light. It makes an excellent tailcap for any E series light that uses a click switch. I have MIKmod tailcaps for sale at just $39 each, OR, I can modify your tailcap for only $15 which includes return shipping.

MIKmod Tailcap
MMR.jpg

The MIKmod Tailcap. This is a BEFORE and AFTER shot.
MIKmodbeforeandafter.jpg

This is a comparison of the MIKmod cap with the Z57 / Z61.
MIKmodtailcapvsZ61.jpg

The MIKmod Tailcap is excellent for the SureFire E1 series lights as it makes them MUCH easier to hang on to.
9cfe3749-a9be-4a75-bf39-e5f4f40d2d4d_zps63de7417.jpg

MIKmoddentalE2DL_zpse2bc8a5f.jpg

Please use PM for contact and questions.
Thank You.

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this looks REALY good...!
That colour definently has something very nice going on......:thumbsup:

Would you consider doing other parts aswell...??
Very cool work IMO...
I`d be happy to be you`r first customer.....:twothumbs

I`m in...!

I gather you bead/sand blast parts before the die itself..?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Awezumnezzz!!! I've been wondering if such a thing would be possible. Certainly beats having to transplant the E2DL's guts into an E2D head.
:bow:

Do you refinish the whole head, or just the shiny surfaces left after trimming down the teeth.

LumenMan

Enlightened
Well folks, I just got my beloved E2DL head back from the "dentist" for a toothless job. Let me tell ya, it looks so factory that I thought MIK just swapped the bezels until I realized that it was still a E2DL bezel, only better. Yes, his work is that good ! :thumbsup:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
M I K, I have a couple HA-BK heads with the anodize missing along the edges. Could you use your technique to touch-up the cover the bare aluminum and make the head look newer?