what electric razor do you use,those that do

2000xlt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking at getting a new one, the one that i have is about ripping my neck to shreds, not really, but it does get red and is quite painful to use the one i have on my neck, its prob not worth getting new blades for mine

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using 8865 XL Spectra by Norelco. The Razor is 4 years old and just recently replaced the blades, still works fine.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a Braun 8995 complete with a docking station for cleaning and recharging (once a week) and I am perfectly happy with it. :thumbsup:

bra8995tm7.jpg

:wave:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Used to be a thread or 2 around these halls on this subject...can't seem to find it at the moment. If it's found, we'll do a merge.

1dash1

Enlightened
I've had a number of Norelco shavers through the years. My present one is an old Reflex Action, Model 5601X. It's probably ten years old and still holds its charge quite well. I use it every day and it lasts at least two weeks between charges.

I tried a Remington once, one of those microscreen models, and absolutely hated it. That shaver shredded my face, leaving tiny (almost microscopic) little cuts.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I use a Braun 8995 complete with a docking station for cleaning and recharging (once a week) and I am perfectly happy with it. :thumbsup:
I agree Braun is the only razor worth considering.
I have the older 7570 very similar to the picture above, had over 5 years of reliable shaving, I have replaced cutters and foils a few times but otherwise absolute reliability, unlike my two previous Philips shavers :sick2:.

braunmu5.jpg

Norm

madi05

Enlightened
i have had this same one since it came out and it is great for me to

I agree Braun is the only razor worth considering.
I have the older 7570 very similar to the picture above, had over 5 years of reliable shaving, I have replaced cutters and foils a few times but otherwise absolute reliability, unlike my two previous Philips shavers :sick2:.

braunmu5.jpg

Norm

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
Any Norelco is good. I currently have 3, and I'm not gonna check the numbers, and have had many others. They last 5 to 10 years, replace the blades about every 4.

I haven't tried a Braun, but the Norelcos work great for me so why change. Remingtons inhale very deeply.

bltkmt

Enlightened
I am now in the market for an electric razor as well...have always used blades up to now. Looking for recommendations. Lots of decent press on the fairly expensive Braun Series 7 ($200)...any feedback?

Thanks.

paulr

Flashaholic
I've been ok with Norelco and Braun. I've used cheap and midpriced models, no super expensive ones. I'm unpersuaded that expensive ones have real benefits, but who knows.

As with cordless tools and ipods, one thing I hate about cordless razors is internal rechargeable batteries. I see them as a scam designed to get you to throw away the expensive razor once the batteries stop holding a charge. I've replaced them a few times (take razor apart, order solder tabbed AA nicad cells from someplace, unsolder old cells, solder in new ones, put razor back together) but it's a pain in the neck and I had a Norelco refuse to start up after the 2nd or 3rd battery change.

Cordless has some convenience but I'd say make sure to get one that is also usable from corded power regardless of the battery state. There are a lot where the AC plug only recharges the batteries, which means if the batteries are discharged, you can't shave until you've left the thing plugged in for a while to recharge. That's a big nuisance

Right now I'm using a Norelco (I can check the model number if you really want to know it) that is completely sealed, so you can rinse the whole thing under the faucet after using it. That sounds like another gimmick to make sure you don't replace the batteries yourself, so I'd have resisted, but I got the thing cheap and the feature turns out to be very convenient. I'll figure out what to do about replacing the batteries when the time comes.

ama230

Enlightened
I use the wahl Lithium ion shaver that i got for 35 bucks at walgreens. This thing rocks as it is made of actual quality and the battery lasts FOREVER. I charge it for an hour and I do not have to charge it for at least three weeks to a month. I have owned all the expensive ones on here and its preference but do not need to spend that much money when a blade still does better.

This is the best thirty bucks you can spend and it actually cuts my thick face hair.

Hope this helps...
Eric

Right now I have the Braun series 3 with cleaning station. Shavers are incredibly personal items. One man's dream is another's nightmare. I've tried Norelco and Panasonic only to keep coming back to Braun. The latest "innovation" by Braun is to have a nearly uncleanable screen cartridge unless you have the cleaning station. This no doubt is helping to sell more expensive kits and cleaning refills, so my Braun fan boy status has gone down a notch in the last year. Nevertheless, I have the thickest beard of anyone in my family, and I shave my whole head every day, and Braun definitely wins out, even if I have to replace my blade and screen every 7 months.

redbike

Newly Enlightened

bra8995tm7.jpg

Same here - always been a Braun fan. Change your blades though - it will make whatever brand your using work like new.

PapaGary

Newly Enlightened
I've got a Braun with the silly cleaning/charging station (it was Christmas gift to replace my old Braun) and I find that a can of compressed air (available wherever computer accessories are sold) does a better cleaning job.

redbike

Newly Enlightened
yeah, its a pain to have to replace those cartridges - I get about 2 months out of each one. But at least you know the blade is clean and properly lubricated each time. Its an idiot-proofing fee!

I've got a Braun with the silly cleaning/charging station (it was Christmas gift to replace my old Braun) and I find that a can of compressed air (available wherever computer accessories are sold) does a better cleaning job.

So you take it outside to clean, I assume, every day? Don't know if I'd be willing do that.