Green Laser Sight

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
I received this last week, pretty fast shipping from China. It was a bit bigger than i thought, but damn, it was bright. You could see the beam in daylight. I mounted it on my Beretta px4 & it looked pretty funny as it was way to big for a pistol, but was still fun.
I then attached to my ar-15 & went to range to sight in. It took a while as all adjustments are basically circular adjustments, not true left/right or up/down adjustments, but did get it to zero in. This past weekend, I took it pig hunting & it was amazing. I shot the first pig holding the rifle normally using both laser & iron sights, the next 3 I shot holding the rifle at waist level just using laser sight & everyone was dead on(pun intended). All shots were between 75 to 90 yards. I was happy that the laser held zero as I really was doubting based on the way the set screws are. But the .223 is pretty light recoil, next I will attach to a .450 marlin & see how it holds up. All in all, not bad for 40 bucks.

stangliter04

Newly Enlightened
If its not against the rules would you mind posting a picture of how it is mounted on your AR :whistle:

proud2deviate

Newly Enlightened
Can you focus or expand the beam? How is the beam quality? Nice, smooth, and round, or spiky with lots of artifacts?

Can you tell if it's IR filtered? Can you measure the output power for us?

(sorry for all the questions, but this thing looks fairly nice.)

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
It took a while as all adjustments are basically circular adjustments, not true left/right or up/down adjustments, but did get it to zero in.

I too have bought one of these & mounted it to my AR15, can you tell me how you managed to zero it though? No instuctions came with mine & all I can do is to get the beam to dance anywhere around my aim point, never on it! Thanks

imfrogman

Newly Enlightened
In addition to moving the two rings, you also have to move the body of the laser in the mount. It takes a while, but can be done. I have a laser bore sighter so all I had to do was match up the 2 lasers.

Rancid Badger

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Frogman, moving the unit in the mount is probably the answer, I hadn't tried that.

I did e.mail the company asking for a copy of the instructions, but they weren't very forthcoming & just told me to "turn the screw" - very helpfull! :mad:

WolfMT

Newly Enlightened
So Far I too am unable to get it easily adjusted, but I will keep at it, does this laser seem well built? This is my first and I think so, but hey what do I know, I put mine on top of scope on rail on front scope ring.

randomlugia

Newly Enlightened
Can you focus or expand the beam? How is the beam quality? Nice, smooth, and round, or spiky with lots of artifacts?

Can you tell if it's IR filtered? Can you measure the output power for us?

(sorry for all the questions, but this thing looks fairly nice.)

No, it's not IR filtered. But that is not an issue with this laser, as it stays collimated with the green enough that you don't need to worry about IR without getting hit by the green, too.

I would say no more than 20mW, probably around 10-17mW. Mostly just because it is rated for 5mW, and it wouldn't be much higher (15 is visible in daylight looking down the beam).

The same product is sold here: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=954

I knew that picture looked familier!

WolfMT

Newly Enlightened
I also got rid of there mount and am using a weaver 1" scope ring, making it easy to rotate laser without loosening the mount