• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Lonely Ti McClickie Pak seeks head

pipspeak

Enlightened
Having just drooled over the Haiku I'm curious if it's possible to buy just the head for this or other McGizmo lights.

I currently have a Ti McClickie Pak with an E1B head on the end, but crave a head that matches the body (and one that matches or comes close to E1B performance). However, I've yet to see any 100+ lumen "head only" McGizmo offerings. Do they exist? Thanks.

Scottiver

Enlightened
I don't think that Don sells heads only. But, you could just buy a whole light and then sell your spare body.

GryphonQ

Newly Enlightened
I just had this exact problem solved for me by donn_ via this thread. He doesn't have PM so you have to post in his thread to make contact. Good guy to deal with for sure.

Any of the 19mm heads will fit. So will some of your old Sure-Fire E series heads, by the way--though they will look funny. they might be brighter for reasons I can't explain. Anyway, I chose the Mirage_Man because the ribbing is similar to the body. It's a bit long, but I think most of them are.

Anyway, I'm quite happy with the result.

pipspeak

Enlightened
I don't think that Don sells heads only. But, you could just buy a whole light and then sell your spare body.

Thought of that, but is there a market for a headless McClickie Pak? I figured that would put someone in the same position as me... needing a head :shrug:

RocketTomato

Enlightened
Thought of that, but is there a market for a headless McClickie Pak? I figured that would put someone in the same position as me... needing a head :shrug:

Yes, there is definitely a market. Don actually sells the bodies himself.

There are lots of different Ti heads that you can use on the McClickie packs and you see them for sale from time to time as GryphonQ pointed out above.