Flashlight Dinosaur

StagLefty

Newly Enlightened
WOW- I had no idea flashlights had reached the level that they are now available in until I recently bought a Surefire G2 LED-great light !! Bought a Fenix E20 for my EDC at work because it was an exact fit in place of a mini-mag in my holster with multi-tool.Another great light !! I'm an old new guy at the flashlight thing so it looks like another vice to go along with AR'S,knives,and ammo. Thanks for all the info folks. :grin2:

Patriot

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Congrats on you new light purchases. It sounds like they'll go along well with your other cool hobbies.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
:welcome:!!!

Congrats on the new lights! I think flashlights is a good hobby for both younger and older people.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! If you think the lights you just got are great, just wait till you spend a while here. Hold on to your wallet!

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF Staglefty.

Sound like you started off with two very nice purchases there!

I'm sure you'll have quite a few before too long!

Just one thing. I'm sorry to be totally ignorant but what are AR's? The search function won't help as it's only two letters long.

Thanks in advance for the education.

Welcome....

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
AR-15, designed by Eugene Stoner. It has also gained world wide fame as the US military's M16 and M4 rifles. The definitive symbol of US imperialism:p (sarcasm)

StagLefty

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys-just saw a flashlight on blackbear.com that lights newspapers on fire !!! Now I know I've been missing new developements.
AR'S-civilian version of the M16 rifle. Great carbine platform to build into crazy tactical or just a KISS rifle. I have a Streamlight M6 light/laser on my tactical version.

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
WOW- I had no idea flashlights had reached the level that they are now available in until I recently bought a Surefire G2 LED-great light !! Bought a Fenix E20 for my EDC at work because it was an exact fit in place of a mini-mag in my holster with multi-tool.Another great light !! I'm an old new guy at the flashlight thing so it looks like another vice to go along with AR'S,knives,and ammo. Thanks for all the info folks. :grin2:

:welcome:
Welome to CPF StagLefty!

If you need a "dinosaur light" to go along with your Fenix and Surefire, just pick up one of these at a local garage sale.

http://www.flashlightmuseum.com/Eve...ilver-Glove-Catchless-Vulcanite-Light-3D-1907

Thought you might enjoy the Flashlight Museum site. There is a search function to help view their huge stock of lights (vintage and modern). If you are an old new guy at the flashlight thing, you may have a couple interesting old vintage lights laying around the house you may want to research.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys-just saw a flashlight on blackbear.com that lights newspapers on fire !!! Now I know I've been missing new developements.
AR'S-civilian version of the M16 rifle. Great carbine platform to build into crazy tactical or just a KISS rifle. I have a Streamlight M6 light/laser on my tactical version.

That's basically whats known as a mag85 on the Blackbear site. Juan sells them turnkey. I've got one from him. They're really nice for a larger light, and Juan uses all the right parts. But they're fairly old news around here. I've got that setup in a surefire G3. Then again the mag gets about 45minutes and the G3 gets about 5. Stroll on over to the incan forum to find out more.