CR123's not in stores?

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
I've been gone from the forum for so long that I'm a noobie all over again - and I'm sorry if anyone has mentioned this before, but maybe you can help me.

I live in the South Bay area of Los Angeles and since just after Christmas I have not been able to find any CR123 batteries in any of the stores that I go to for supplies. I mean I have literally been to every kind of store in about a 5 mile radius of my house, but no 123's at all! (I don't drive, so this took a while!)

Of course the clerks just give me a blank look when I ask for them.

Does anyone know if the 123's were discontinued or stolen by aliens for their warp drives?

I can order them online, but it just seems to be strange not to be able to find them in the stores.....

Thanks for any replies!

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're available in my local drug stores, Target/Wal-Mart, and hardware stores. I believe Home Depot carries SureFire CR123's.

Please keep in mind all of these stores are overpriced, so you're just better off ordering online. BatteryStation makes great Made in USA batteries.:party:

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I see them in all sorts of brick and mortar stores like Frys Electronics, REI, WalMart, Target and Walgreens for example.

Of course, ordering online at places such as BatteryStation are going to be much cheaper than buying at brick and mortar stores so perhaps ordering online would be the better options, anyway... :shrug:

dalekcommander

Newly Enlightened
Strangley enough, I hadn't considered Home Depot....

Thanks for the replies though - at least I know they are out there....somewhere. I thought I was turning a little paranoid or something!

Battery Staton here I come!

paintballdad

Enlightened
If you need to pick some up right away from a brick & mortar store try Lowe's or there's a Turner's Outdoorsman in your area. They both sell Surefire CR123's for about $5 per 2pk. Not a bad price for a B&M store.
Most gun shops carry Surefire CR123's and are much more reasonably priced than most big box chain stores.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The only B&M I've seen that has a decent price on 123s is Best Buy - apparently they're unpopular enough there that they price them at $3 for a 2-pack, Duracell brand. They're not always there, but when they are, that's when I stock up :thumbsup:

DM51

Flashaholic
Wrong forum - belongs in the Batteries section. And in 7 replies, no-one thought to point that out. C'mon guys, please think about these things more carefully.

Moving it now.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are at Walgreens, BH, Wolf-Camera, Target, Walmart and and in virtually every Photo Specialty Stores. However, they are way overpriced, get 'em online.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you ask for them, ask for "CR123A photo lithiums". They are designed for cameras, so you will often find them in the photo section. They may also be behind the counter to deter shoplifters (given the exorbitant prices B&M shops tend to charge for them :faint: ).

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my co-workers buy them from me. If you work with someone with more than 20 flashlights in their drawer they probably order in bulk. Although I use rechargeable usually now, but some lights don't like them.

I sell them for $1.50 to $2 a piece, all depending on how I feel at the moment, I also stocked up on battery holders from battery junction and sell those as well. Of course some of these guys bought their lights from me as well....:whistle:

Neale