Titanium and Elite batteries?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Titanium and Elite batteries seem to be fairly popular especially elite batteries. It's kind of funny though as I don't know what company makes them? Does anyone know the factory that makes these batteries? I know Elite has good 2/3A and AA's but do they also make hi discharge C's and D's? I believe they are both made in China... Any links or information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually what happens is that a reseller who wants to brand their own cells searches for a manufacturer or a factory that can provide the quantity and quality of cells required to the desired specifications. Since the quality of the cells is most likely a unique selling point for the vendor and is commercially sensitive information, you are not likely to find out who the original manufacturer is. If the information is not readily found in published materials, expect it to be a trade secret and unlikely to be disclosed.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elite batteries though appear to be their own brand as many different resellers carry them. It's kind of strange though I can't find any company / distributer information anywhere. Where do these things come from!?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I know that. I have some Elite 2/3A's. I want to know what factory makes them, and if they make other high current C's D's etc.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I seriously doubt you will find out what you are looking for. The sellers/distributors have non-disclosure agreements, and no motivation to violate them for public interest reasons. I'm not trying to be rude, but why would Mike at CheapBatteryPacks.com for example have any interest in providing his contact information so someone like you could find other high current competing brands to buy instead of the Elite brands he sells? You could certainly send him an email and ask if he knows of any Elite C or D cells that he could get for you.

Likewise, if the Chinese company that produces Elite brand does an "end around" and starts dumping another similar brand of the same quality...imagine what CheapBatteryPacks.com will do when they find out.

I honestly do not believe there is any demand for high current C or D size. Even the SubC lineup is being dropped by RC users (the largest demand group) in favor of Lithium. Remember high current brands of NiMH come at the expense of mAh capacity, and much higher self-discharge rates...so it would be a pretty tough sell to consumers. The best resources which you may already know about are Batteryspace.com or Powerstream.com

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder what kind of current is being considered "high current" in this context? For instance Eneloops can manage a 2C discharge rate, and they have not sacrificed self-discharge to achieve that. If a 10 Ah D cell also discharged at 2C that would be 20 A, which seems a high current by most reckonings. Higher currents than that will start to introduce resistance losses in the wiring that are hard to manage.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seriously doubt you will find out what you are looking for. The sellers/distributors have non-disclosure agreements, and no motivation to violate them for public interest reasons. I'm not trying to be rude, but why would Mike at CheapBatteryPacks.com for example have any interest in providing his contact information so someone like you could find other high current competing brands to buy instead of the Elite brands he sells? You could certainly send him an email and ask if he knows of any Elite C or D cells that he could get for you.

I never asked mike or any reseller to tell me what factory makes them. I just wanted to know if anyone knew where they were made, I thought perhaps other Elite cells AA or something would maybe have some information on the heatshrink or something. It does seem kind of funny though that there are at least half a dozen resellers for Elite batteries, but I can't find any information on who makes them.

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not kind of funny at all. The reason has been fully explained in posts #3 and #11.

Tell me then, how did the half a dozen other vendors find this same manufacturer that makes these Elite 1500's. I mean I can imagine one reseller getting a manufacturer to rebrand cells for that single reseller to sell, but the fact that multiple resellers have them... this leads me to believe that the information has to be out there. Otherwise how the hell would the other resellers know where to get them?

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are several places where you can buy Titanium cells, but Battery Junction is the owner of the Titanium name and products.

They are the ones that search for the factory to produce cells to their specifications.
They also resell their Titanium products to other vendors, which is why you can buy them from multiple vendors.

The same situation most likely applies to the Elite cells.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know the cells your talking about......i too am into micro scale rc's. I also have been doing a search and i keep coming up with nothing.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tell me then, how did the half a dozen other vendors find this same manufacturer that makes these Elite 1500's. I mean I can imagine one reseller getting a manufacturer to rebrand cells for that single reseller to sell, but the fact that multiple resellers have them... this leads me to believe that the information has to be out there. Otherwise how the hell would the other resellers know where to get them?
They have done their research, but research costs money. It is not reasonable to expect valuable information to be given away for free.

gSPIN

Newly Enlightened
Mr Happy said:
It is not reasonable to expect valuable information to be given away for free.

i thot that's exactly what this or any forum is about.
okay, maybe not expecting, but simply asking.
and all he's asking is the same thing as u in ur thread on who is the oem behind the private label LSD's.

anyways, i'm +1 with jasonck08 on the elite's at least.
i've been searching for some time who the oem is since there are supposedly only a couple factories that produce 80-90%(?) of the NiMH out of china.
This is one likely candidate, see bottom of the page, if it's true what they say re: Gold Peak & Panasonic then u only need to order 10k units to get ur own label put on them.
http://www.hyperbattery.com/HYM_Consumer_NiMH.htm)
i surmise that the handful of dealers that carry whatever house brand just throw in together to make the minimum.

i don't see what all the secrecy is all about, who are they trying to kid that they have their own factory to produce their own batterys?
any potential competitor will be able to figure it out who they get them from in short order anyways.
I'm gonna buy from CPB regardless cuz they got the best prices.
I just want some right proper specs from the manufacturer is all.
as I'm looking to buy over a hundred cells, it would be nice to be sure they're up to the task b4 i buy.
once i get them in my hands on them it might give me some visual cues to their origin ala Mr Happys LSD sleuthing & let u know if i find out anything.