NEW Black&Decker V2 Million Power Series spotlight

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just bought what seems to be the newest model of the Black&Decker V2 Million Power Series rechargeable spotlight (from Home Depot), and I am extremely impressed by it. It uses a 12V SLA battery and a 35W/55W dual filament H3 halogen bulb with a sliding switch on top to toggle between high beam (55W) and low beam (35W).

It seems to be the best pistol grip style thrower I have ever held, and can light up objects over 600 yards away with ease. It has a very concentrated pencil beam with a scorching hotspot right in the middle. I can't believe just how bright this thing is for only 55 watts, and how it out throws some of my 100W halogen spotlights.

Here are some pictures:

V233333.jpg

V2222222.jpg

V2111111.jpg

0000000000000000blackdecker2.jpg

Beamshot of the new Black&Decker shining at a plant 20 yards away:
0000000000000000blackdecker3.jpg

Now the Power On Board HID for comparison. Notice how extremely close the Black&Decker is in both coronal and hotspot brightness!
8888POB2.jpg

The new Black&Decker spotlight has a built in AC charger, and a green light that blinks when it is full. I have experienced very good runtime with this light so far. I really like the style and feel of the light, and highly recommend this light to anyone in need of an extremely powerful spotlight. My friend bought one of these recently on my recommendation, and he is equally blown away by it and happy with it in all ways.:thumbsup:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I just saw these at HD 3 days ago. They are a new item I think. IIRC they are $29. I have a $25 gift card so I think I may pick one up. Seems like a real bargain at that price.

How would you say the build quality and heft is?
How would you compare it to the husky XR-E spotlight?
Where can you get replacement bulbs?
Color tint looks very white.

thanks once again for taking one for the team!!

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just saw these at HD 3 days ago. They are a new item I think. IIRC they are $29. I have a $25 gift card so I think I may pick one up. Seems like a real bargain at that price.

How would you say the build quality and heft is?
How would you compare it to the husky XR-E spotlight?
Where can you get replacement bulbs?
Color tint looks very white.

thanks once again for taking one for the team!!

Hello kramer5150!:wave:

You are correct that they are $29 at Home Depot.

The build quality is extremely good, and seems very rugged for the price. I imagine it could take quite a beating and keep on working. The weight is pretty average for a spotlight its size.

To answer your question about how it compares to the Husky LED spotlight, the new Black&Decker seems to have twice the throw of the LED spotlight and is many times brighter.:thumbsup:

The beam is very white, and it is just as white on low since it is a separate lower wattage filament being properly driven rather than some other spotlights that just underdrive their one high wattage filament for the low and make a sickly yellow/orange beam. Sorry, but I am not sure where to get replacement bulbs for it.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
OK thanks...
do you think you could take a side by side beamshot with the POB spotlight at say ~ 50 yards? I was also considering the POB light.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
OK thanks...
do you think you could take a side by side beamshot with the POB spotlight at say ~ 50 yards? I was also considering the POB light.

Sure, I will do it tonight.:thumbsup: I have compared the Black&Decker to the POB on some trees over 300 yards away, and they both easily lit them up. The POB's hotspot on the distant trees was quite noticeably brighter, but the Black&Decker was surprisingly close and performs unbelievably well for being smaller than the POB.

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Hey Blue, have you taken it apart yet to see if a ballast will fit? Have ya? Have ya?

Lol BVH, I have not taken it apart yet, but would definitely consider it for an HID conversion if I didn't already have the N30.:D The reflector quality of the Black&Decker seems top notch and gives a nearly perfect beam for an incan spot. However, I will be posting a picture of the light taken apart soon for anyone who might want to get one for a conversion.:)

Here are the pictures I took tonight. The Black&Decker is actually much brighter in person than it appears in the pictures.

Power On Board HID shining at base of tree 50 yards away:
___POB50YARDS-1.jpg

Black&Decker:
___V250YARDS-1.jpg

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I just looked at the specs on the package, and it has a 12V 3.0 AH SLA battery.:)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Nice light BlueBeam!

I was noting how the beam shape resembled the POB but after seeing the first pic that you posted I didn't think it was anywhere near as bright. The POB just about turned that little shrub below the window white and the lower portion of the window disappears in over exposure. The B&D didn't come close to doing that. The second picture really makes the difference way more apparent though.

Thanks for showing it to us. :popcorn:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Nice light BlueBeam!

I was noting how the beam shape resembled the POB but after seeing the first pic that you posted I didn't think it was anywhere near as bright. The POB just about turned that little shrub below the window white and the lower portion of the window disappears in over exposure. The B&D didn't come close to doing that. The second picture really makes the difference way more apparent though.

Thanks for showing it to us. :popcorn:

Thanks Patriot36!:thumbsup:

The Black&Decker is amazingly close to the POB in throw, but the POB's 1500+ lumen advantage over it really does show in the coronal brightness and spill. The beamshot of the POB was the older one I posted in the HID beam pics thread here. As bright as the POB is, the Costco/Ti Mega clearly smokes it in all ways (IMO)!:)

I am very happy with my purchase of the Black&Decker as it is a great alternative to my N30 and POB when I want to use something extremely powerful with the instant-on capability, but still relatively small and easy to carry. Its throw for size ratio seems much higher than that of my 15mcp Thor and other huge halogen spotlights.

I probably like this light for some of the same reasons you like the PH50 (not that these two lights are comparable by any means).:)

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
It looks to be a very nicely build light. I'd have to chuck the SLA and convert it to Li-po though. ;)

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
It looks to be a very nicely build light. I'd have to chuck the SLA and convert it to Li-po though. ;)

I really like how it is built.:thumbsup: Its striking resemblance to the MegaRay was what caught my eye and interest in the store, and upon examining it closely I could tell it had to be a pretty decent light at that price.

The handle on top is very sturdy and makes it convenient to carry on a walk, and I especially like the feel and look of the long tubular body.

I promise more beamshots soon comparing it to some of my other lights like the N30, 3mcp Vector and 15mcp Thor.:)

Showolf

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone... I'm the friend Blue is referring to in his initial post, and can 100% confirm everything he said regarding this awesome spotlight! I have been blasting with it all night, and it easily lights up far away objects like my 18MCP THOR! Yes... I can't believe I just said that, but it's true! My mouth has been dropping watching its beam tear across long fields and emblazing light poles 3-4 blocks away! This black beast completely smokes both my Husky 2.5 and 3 million candlepower spotlights I've used, and is the best distance covering pistol gripper I've seen by far... It has great runtime too, as I've used it intermittently now for three hours and no dimming yet. This light is totally epic!!!! I can't wait to bring this camping with me......................

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Hi everyone... I'm the friend Blue is referring to in his initial post, and can 100% confirm everything he said regarding this awesome spotlight! I have been blasting with it all night, and it easily lights up far away objects like my 18MCP THOR! Yes... I can't believe I just said that, but it's true! My mouth has been dropping watching its beam tear across long fields and emblazing light poles 3-4 blocks away! This black beast completely smokes both my Husky 2.5 and 3 million candlepower spotlights I've used, and is the best distance covering pistol gripper I've seen by far... It has great runtime too, as I've used it intermittently now for three hours and no dimming yet. This light is totally epic!!!! I can't wait to bring this camping with me......................

It is amazing how this light keeps up with much larger spotlights! It does have the amazing throw and beam concentration similar to my Thor, and I am glad to hear you like it so much. Its throw is the one thing about it that sets it apart from all other pistol grip style lights I have used, as I simply don't recall ever using one of any size or wattage that matches it in throw.:)

MetalZone

Newly Enlightened
Wow with all the rave reviews I want one! USD29 seems like a bargain for something with this caliber. Only question is when will they bring this to the major Malaysian hardware stores. But the sad part is I bet it will be significantly more expensive here though I hope not...

jxwhadley

Newly Enlightened
How does the B&D compare with the Brinkmann Qbeam Big Max 3 million?

Thanks in advance-

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
How does the B&D compare with the Brinkmann Qbeam Big Max 3 million?

Thanks in advance-

The Black&Decker out throws the Brinkmann and has a much brighter hotspot.:)

ADDED: I just wanted to say that I will most likely get a chance to take the beamshot comparison and disassembly pictures some time next week, and promise to get them posted as soon as I can.;)

Last edited: