Brinkmann Maxfire LX Mod Battery Question

JME

Newly Enlightened
I am modding a Brinkman Maxfire LX flashlight. I have Surefire 123a batteries in it right now. I am planning on putting a Cree R2 Drop-In in it from Deal Extreme. I want to know what battery (hopefully rechargeable) would be best to use for this bulb.

Thanks

fire-stick

Enlightened
IMR16340 Specifications :

Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
Capacity : 550mAH
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 1.5A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 8C
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius

No others come to mind..

An 18650 is too large to fit the tube without modding the tube..

IDK.. a set of IMR 16340.. would run what.. 20 mins or so?

kz1000s1

Enlightened
:welcome: Welcome to CPF!

Thanks for giving me an idea of using my Brinkmann Legend LX as a drop-in host ( this is an older version of the Maxfire). It hadn't occured to me before even though it already has a Surefire P60 lamp in it now.

For this type of application I use 2 AW RCR123 protected cells. The IMR's have a lower capacity and are intended for higher amperage use than yours. On the plus side, they can be safer to use than Li-Ion cells and they would work for you. Just make sure the drop-in you get is rated for a high enough voltage. These batteries are rated at 3.7V and come off the charger at up to 4.2V each.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Be advised that some dropins require the outer spring to be removed, and even then, the base pill might not fit down into the body enough to allow the bezel to be screwed back on. Worst case scenario, you might have to file off a bit of the top of the reflector OR turn down the base pill to get a perfect fit. I have tried a few different dropins, and I have confirmed that generally the pill is what gets in the way.