THE NEW - Now I can show off my Surefire 3P with its new holster

qarawol

Enlightened
I have always used regular veg tan leather to make my holsters and sheaths. Well I finally decided to try my holster making skills on using erotic… er.. a … I mean exotic skins.

The Surefire 3P is fast becoming my user EDC for work and play. Most of my high end ones stay home in fear of being damaged. Though the holster will also fit others, I will concentrate this thread on the Surefire 3P.

Here is a fast scan of what takes place. Actual time 16+ hrs to complete both.

Main leather measured and cut…

100_0156.jpg

Sewing 'stop' on head wrap…

100_0163.jpg

A low profile head wrap is used to allow it to fit the current bezels with the hex shape. It also makes for a shorter distance vertical draw.

Belt clips…

100_0168.jpg

Gluing snake skin…

100_0169.jpg

Head wrap skinned and sewn…

100_0180.jpg

Full covered one almost complete…

100_0182.jpg

Trim work of the open style…

100_0190.jpg

The strap has a screw that is used to set the position of the strap for front or rear unsnap use. It can also be completely removed and changed for other lengths as needed for different diameter bodies. NO METAL TOUCHES THE FLASHLIGHT ANYWHERE!

100_0194.jpg

I never did like the way you had to pull the Flashlight straight up on a vertical carry holster. It can bind on my body or cover flap, etc. Both these holsters offer something unique. They may look like your typical vertical carry holster when snapped closed… yet unsnapping it reveals a special 'auto' tilt which makes the tail end of the Surefire 3P swing away from the body an additional 1-1/4 inch +. This makes for an easier removal of said Flashlight. Take a close look of the closed and open pictures below. I like putting new ideas on old classics. The end of straight up draw.

Closed…

100_0206.jpg

Open…

100_0207.jpg

The open one will also hold the other 'C' series Surefires…

100_0210.jpg

Making of the body strap...

100_0192.jpg

Finished Projects…

100_0203.jpg

100_0204.jpg

Njoy…

BTW: No animals were hurt in the making process listed above. The skin is actually simulated Python with almost the look and feel of the real thing. I did not want to spend the $$$ on real snake skin until I knew what to expect by actually working with it. It still looks killer though. If I never said anything one would never have known. It's time for the real deal.

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Now I can show off my Surefire 3P with its new holster

the angled draw is simply amazing! I hope you have enough time on your hands for all the requests you will be getting soon...;)

Great job!

Mayo

seaside

Enlightened

Nice job. You certainly have the skill.

Bruce B

Enlightened

Qarawol,

Awesome leather work in making these holsters. Have you experimented with other type of Surefire lights, such as some of the "E" series lights?

qarawol

Enlightened

Thanks for the kind words fellas.

Yes 'Bruce B', I have made several styles for the Surefire 'E' series.

I also wanted to make an ULTIMATE UNIQUE CUSTOM Leather holster for the Surefire 3P and 'ARC mania' Mega Extreme. Since I only have the Mega Extreme with serial #000, I could not use it as a 'user' Flashlight. The New holster will hold the 3P as a user and hold the Mega Extreme as a showpiece dress me up look. MANY MANY MANY hours was needed to conjure up this piece from thought to an actual in use and working product.

I finally finished the project and took pictures of the steps in making it. It turned out better then expected. Once I post pictures and the concept of its ULTIMATE design, I think I will have marked myself as a thinker, designer and maker of very unique leather holsters. You've seen my 'auto' tilt feature above.

It's cute, it's small, it's different, it's unique, it's stylish, etc etc. It can only be shown and not typed about. I wanted to make something special and I believe I have done just that. Most of my best work was horizontal carry. This particular special piece is vertical carry only with no means of horizontal carry… again… vertical carry only… yet there is something TOTALLY different and unheard of (at least by me). There is "maybe" a bug or two but I know I can work them out. For now, I am using it at work and leisure and it is working GREAT!

Now I'm scared, I wrote all this and still don't want to share for it may revolutionize the leather holster making industry.

BTW: One of the bugs has been worked out.

Do I dare share???? A picture of it is on the 'ARC mania' Black Mega Micro sales thread on CPF.

Njoy...

Last edited:

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast

WOW! Very impressive work! I'm afraid to ask how much you would charge though... :whistle:

MarshallManiac

Newly Enlightened

What a talented bunch we are :) Nice work ! :cool:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened

lol dang yo, thats nice! very professional

sappyg

Enlightened

those are some sweet holsters.... i really dig the tilt out design. these are true works of art! nice work

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened

impressive!! :thumbsup:

rather versatile too! :party:

qarawol

Enlightened
Quite Possibly The Worlds Most Unique CUSTOM Leather Holster for the Surefire 3P!

Thanks to all, who posted, for the compliments.

1st, see post #5 above.

and NOW!

The ALL NEW, The Super Special, The Ultra Unique and Quite Possibly The Worlds Most Unique CUSTOM Leather Holster for the Surefire 3P!

Here ya go folks, just a glimpse...

Sewing of the head support...

100_0044.jpg

Showing how small the head still is AFTER SEWING (the one to the right)...

100_0048.jpg

A lot of muscle.

100_0050.jpg

See how big the loop is now? Look at the tension at the stitch line. This is just not wet molded. I take this added extra step to make my leather holsters a little special. This takes a bit of knowledge of how thick the leather is and how the leather feels when working it dry. It also makes for a tighter second skin look as well as an overall smaller profile holster with all the strength of a larger one. Look at the following pictures and see that the backing DOES NOT exceed the width of the head wrap, clearly showing how much smaller the holster is compared to the normal wet molded types. Am I good or what?!

Progressing...

100_0064.jpg

Jumping up a notch...

100_0073.jpg

100_0076.jpg

100_0099.jpg

Color time...

100_0079.jpg

Final touches...

100_0089.jpg

Finished product with Mega Extreme...

100_0108.jpg

With the Surefire 3P

100_0095.jpg

The shorter the amount the Flashlight has to be inserted equals to the amount of how much it needs to be pulled out. It other words, this pulls out much easier then any other holster I have seen, leather or nylon.

Group hug!...

100_0106.jpg

Typical vertical carry you say???
Did you see the hidden secret in the making???
Can you make it out with just the pictures above??? I think not!

This NEW Leather Holster for the Surefire 3P is SOOOOO advanced that a video of it had to be made to show how it works and its hidden secret. Pictures won't do justice! I think I deserve an Oscar award, a Medal of Honor, a Certificate... something for this, for it well may be "Quite Possibly The Worlds Most Unique CUSTOM Leather Holster for the Surefire 3P"! (and the 'ARC mania' Mega Extreme).

MANY MANY MANY hours to make this holster a reality. From thought, to paper, to an actual working product. FIVE (5) LAYERS OF LEATHER!!!! Mucho $$$$$$

Njoy...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Your holster-making skills have not diminished. Very impressive.

Any chance you'll sell some of your creations the way you did last time?

qarawol

Enlightened
Thanks again for the props all. And yes, I will be selling some of my creations soon or you can PM me.

If you didn't know already, these have a full open business end which enables you to use the Flashlight while it's still holstered. Simply pick it up from your nightstand and start using it by pressing the tail switch.

I just added another special feature to these custom one of a kind holsters. Some had a concern of dust or lint on the window since it was fully exposed to the elements. Well that issue now has a solution. I placed a beam shaper filter in the holster to both protect the window AND give it a much smoother beam pattern when holstered.

Here are a few pics of what it looks like with the filter in place.

BeamShaper.jpg

BeamShapera.jpg

BeamShaperb.jpg

I just finished the one on the right. It was specifically made to carry the Surefire 3P on a belt with a width of 1.5", on its center line and of the 3P's center from the tip of tail cap to end of bezel. It needs some color and a bit of trim work.

Y'all are not ready for the video yet of that super special custom one of a kind unique 3P holster. It is too advanced for most here. Many wouldn't be able to contain themselves. It took too long just to make THE ONE and I don't think I'll make another...(maybe?)

Njoy...

qarawol

Enlightened
How 'bout leather in gold or red? Both sport'n the auto tilt design...

100_0301.jpg

100_0296.jpg

The gold one is actual factory gold leather. Same type as the ones used on purses, wallets or jackets. I though I would experiment and it came out better then expected. Black and gold = :rock:

Njoy...