Any Stores Carrying G&P Parts? I'm Looking For A Scorpion Tail Cap

GreyShark

Enlightened
I'd like to get a G&P Scorpion tail cap, that one that is essentially an SW01 clone in black but I don't want to have to buy a $90 light to do it. Lighthound doesn't seem to have much in stock and I haven't had any luck searching for another source.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´ve never seen these Tailcaps for sale, only with the complete Scorpion R500 flashlight. My guess your only chance to get it at a reasonable price would be a used light, maybe a defective. There was one at the marketplace not too long ago. Maybe it´s still avaiable.

Eric

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been after one of those tailcaps for ages
Send numerous emails to Hong Kong ... no luck :(
I eventually found a Solarforce tailcap

DSC00892.jpg

Its the one on the right :)

ykb

Newly Enlightened
I think I've bought a similar item from eBay for £8.80 (or $12.70). Search for "Solarforce Standardclick". Is it the same one?

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one of those Solarforce clickies to replace the switch of my G&P Scorpion R500 since it´s switch is now on my EDC light. Here´s a comparsion shot of the two. The Solarforce is only a very little slimmer but much longer.

http://www.ea242.de/pic/lampen/18500-*******4.jpg

Eric

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Ditto for the Solarforce 'tactical' clickie. I think I got mine from lighthound, solarforcestore sells them also but they're not very speedy in shipping.

3P_Clone_1.sized.jpg

GreyShark

Enlightened
I prefer the Scorpion but the Solar Force looks ok, I'll probably go that route. Then again maybe I should get the R500 and throw a Solar Force on it and put it's tail cap on my other light. Then I'd have the tail cap I want and a new light. :D

BTW I'm usually not a big fan of strike bezels but that 6P looks sweet with the polished fangs! The black and silver go together very well. :cool:

flip

Enlightened
There is a newer version of the Solarforce switch out now. The switch button looks like it is countersunk a little.