blu ray output power

mattmagic100

Newly Enlightened
Can someone quickly tell me how many mW a blu ray diode gives off cuz for some reason i cant find it anywhere. THANK U!! :twothumbs

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
That's like asking how much light does the moon reflect... :poke: That depends on which day of the month (cycle) it is. Or maybe what type of blu-ray diode you are asking about. :candle: Some do 20mW, some do 60mW, some do 100+, and some do close to 200mW, for a reasonable amount of time. ;)

allthatwhichis

Enlightened
Yea, I forgot about the ps3... Those were the first ones out that many made the early 5mW modules with. The ones I listed are the HD-DVD, 2x, 4x, 6x writers.

:welcome:

Kenom

Enlightened
DVD burners are not going to output any bluray light at all. They are red lasers not UV. In order to get UV laser you'll need to tear into a bluray burner $300+

proud2deviate

Newly Enlightened
Search around for a phr-803t. That's the sled now defunct HD-DVD add-on for the X-Box 360. It's probably the best bang for the buck "Blu-Ray" option going. I got my diode for about 12 bucks, and I'm putting about 150 ma through it. Lights a white match instantly, when I have it focused right.

Hell, I'll make it easy for you. Here's where I got mine. http://modwerx.com/phr_sale

That's also a decent price on the red diodes, too.

Last edited:

Kenom

Enlightened
that's what I'm saying a dvd burner does not have a bluray diode in it. Your going to need the x-box diode suggested by proud2deviate

ndrew2505

Newly Enlightened
Search around for a phr-803t. That's the sled now defunct HD-DVD add-on for the X-Box 360. It's probably the best bang for the buck "Blu-Ray" option going. I got my diode for about 12 bucks, and I'm putting about 150 ma through it. Lights a white match instantly, when I have it focused right.

Hell, I'll make it easy for you. Here's where I got mine.

That's also a decent price on the red diodes, too.
hey p2d it would be much appreciated if you would modify your post to obscure the link. the link was originally meant for members of another forum(although i dont mind it being here) but it has been cached by google and is showing up in the top results. i would hate to have to end this sale b/c my shop is losing business to this link so please modify your post....

drew
admin
modwerx.com

Last edited:

proud2deviate

Newly Enlightened
hey p2d it would be much appreciated if you would modify your post to obscure the link. the link was originally meant for members of another forum(although i dont mind it being here) but it has been cached by google and is showing up in the top results. i would hate to have to end this sale b/c my shop is losing business to this link so please modify your post....

drew
admin
modwerx.com

Okay, mine's edited. I couldn't get the darn noparse tags to work properly, so I just nixed it completely.

Sorry to cause trouble:eek: