• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Custom Killer Anodizing

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
Hey Guys,

I know there's going to be a lot of luck involved in getting one of the "Splash Challenge" Killers:sigh:,** but nobody needs to be left out:twothumbs. Fred and I thought everybody should know that their previously purchased lights as well as any Killer purchased from now on can be custom anodized just like these from Fred's Splash Challenge:naughty:. You can also get single colors, camo, your imagination is the limit.

** Please keep in mind that the actual "Splash Challenge Killers" will be a special edition not only because of the anodizing by myself and the other two anodizers... but Fred is equipping those little beauties with a new 90mA driver and a 5-die LED.

Pink/Purple checkerboard with bare grooves
CV-10B.jpg

CV-1B.jpg

Full spectrum checker with bare grooves,bezel and tail
CV-10A.jpg

Full spectrum
CV-8B.jpg

CV-8A.jpg

Light/Dark Blue splashed on Gold
CV-9B.jpg

CV-9A.jpg

Gold/Bronze splashed on Green
CV-7A.jpg

CV-7B.jpg

Pink/Dark Purple splashed on Light Purple
CV-3A.jpg

CV-3B.jpg

Gold/Silver(Bare) splashed on Light blue
CV-4A.jpg

CV-4B.jpg

Light Blue/Dark Blue/Silver (Bare) Camo
CV-6B.jpg

CV-6A.jpg

Light Purple/Dark Purple/Pink Camo
CV-5B.jpg

CV-5A.jpg

Gold/Bronze/Green Camo
CV-2B.jpg

CV-2A.jpg

The pricing is pretty straight forward:

$15 per color for solid, splash or camo designs

$30 for full spectrum

$60 for a two color checkerboard (masking the grooves is a PITA)

$5 shipping in the U.S., I'll check into int'l shipping prices

More complicated designs will be priced individually, bear in mind that the full spectrum checkerboard was masked and anodized a total of 8 times each:ohgeez:.

If you purchase a Killer now, Fred can ship it directly to me so I can anodize it. If you have a previously purchased Killer you would like anodized feel free to PM me. Also, feel free to post any questions or comments, thanks for looking.

~Chip

Last edited:

JohnTz

Enlightened
Chip these are so very cool! Can you please make some comments on the durability of the finish? I use my lights and plan on getting a killer for the key chain. I know that nothing will last forever but how do you think it will hold up?

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
I'd say it's pretty durable. I have a Lo-ti on my keychain that I splashed about a year ago I think? And there's a bit of wear on the high points, but the rest of the finish is relatively unaffected.

Fingerprints on the other hand, do tend to 'dull' the color. But a bath will take care of that. ;)

~Chip

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LED in the Splash Killers will be a 5-die 5mm LED vs. the one-die LED of the Nichia. What makes it most interesting is that the beam angle is much wider than the Nichia's, so there is no real blue hotspot with a yellow corona, as the Nichia exhibits.

Also, this LED is designed to be driven at 100mA max, so the total lumen output is greater than the Nichia GS LEDs. But, if you were to compare the 40mA driven Nichia to the 90mA 5-die LED, the Nichia will appear brighter--but that is only in the hotspot--the 5-die LED has the same level of illumination throughout its broad beam, so there is a lot more useful light overall.

Finally, the color of the 5-die LED is not anywhere near the screaming blue of the Nichia--the 5-die LED's color is much whiter, but still with a faint hint of blue.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Tigerstripes and a true tie-die

The colors are very pretty, but some of the designs seem very busy. Do you get plenty of requests for solid colors, too?

cnw4002

Newly Enlightened
I am saving for a full spectrum when I can get the 90mA drivers model.