• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired I do custom carving/engraving Ti texture and ano work in trade for....

Pontiaker

Enlightened
will do work for cash or trade for lights, guns, a few knives Iam looking for, etc...

See some of my work on the customized Spy 007 thread, or on my website at www.cucchiaraknives.com I have been making custom knives for many years now, have alot of experience working with Ti and other metals. My carving/engraving is not really one or the other, Iam self taught and kind of have my own style you usually only see on my knives or my knifemaker friends that learned with me. I also do Anodizing on Ti and have some ways to do some cool texturing on Ti I have learned over the years making my knives. I have a steller reputation for honest quality work on all the knife forums and have a perfect sellers feedback rating on Ebay and have been there since 1998 under the name Pontiaker.I am a Pontiac musclecar nut! Also currently road race a C6 Vette, also into guns/gunsmithing and shooting competition.

I like small bright lights, lots of great power and throw and Ti is a huge plus. I collect old S&W revolvers, mainly pre WW2 and some going up to the late 70's. I also like just about anything that shoots too. Iam looking for a couple OTF Microtech auto's in trade but not alot else as far as knives go, your always welcome to make an offer all I can do if Iam not interested is politely let you know its just not what Iam looking for:~)

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my post!
Matt

U can see some of my work below too.Alot of the stuff I do on my knives can also be done on Ti lights, also might work on alum or brass, etc...

I also make some cool pocket clips, this one below is made from Titanium Damascus called Timascus! I do them out of Ti too though.

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

orig.jpg

Last edited:

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flames on that Ruger is just way good.....!

Good luck and happy trails......!!

Pontiaker

Enlightened
The flames on that Ruger is just way good.....!

Good luck and happy trails......!!
Thats my custom .44AMP Auto Mag, I cut the barrel down to 4 inches and did the carving work and then a full polish.
Thanks!!!

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Our pleasure to have you among us...!

BTW, I know of the knives aswell.....:thumbsup:
I just got stunned by the barrel on that Ruger......:devil:

DM51

Flashaholic
I saw your other thread on the Spy you engraved - what a pleasure to see more examples. This is beautiful work - truly outstanding!

Could you resize some of your photos please - most are OK, but a couple are over the maximum permitted 800 x 800 pixel limit.

Last edited:

Pontiaker

Enlightened
I saw your other thread on the Spy you engraved - what a pleasure to see more examples. This is beautiful work - truly outstanding!

Could you resize some of your photos please - most are OK, but a couple are over the maximum permitted 800 x 800 pixel limit.

Yep will do, thanks.
Matt

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Removed the pics that were too large and added some light pics.Thanks for the kind words!
Matt

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to see you here at CPF Matt!

I've been lusting after Matt's knives for quite a while now. Imagine my surprise when I'm looking at a picture of a customized SPY007 and think... "That sure looks like something that Cucchiara would do..." and it is!

:welcome:

Great work. :twothumbs

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like what you did on Ti-Ex10. (Probably more than your work on spy007.)

And the clips on your folder are really lovely. I wonder how it's done.

Are the clip and the handle a whole piece ? :thumbsup:

orig.jpg

Pontiaker

Enlightened
Most of those clips are screwed on from the back of the handle slab, the clip has blind holes drilled and tapped into them. Anyone ever try tapping blind holes in Ti for 1/72 and 2/56 screws:~) It was a learning experience, now its a little easier...
Thanks!
Matt

Pontiaker

Enlightened
nice touch on the ruger...pm sent :popcorn:

There is no Ruger in these pics:D

The gun is a .44 mag autoloading pistol called the Auto Mag. It uses a rimless 44 Magnum case and is loaded hotter than normal 44 mag ammo. They have pushed the 240 grain bullet out to 2000fps in some loadings.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you are on that subject not meaning to hijack are you using H110 or what is your powder of choice in that beast.

Dave

Pontiaker

Enlightened
My normal shooter load is 21grns of H110 behind a 240 Barry's Bullet. This is more of a light load that will function the slide reliably and is decent accurate. This is a great plinker load that is not hard on the gun, parts are VERY expensive! Depending on what run you got by the 11 diff companies that built them under the Auto Mag name, some of them are junk and fragile. For deer I actually use a factory loading, either the easy to find Cor Bon 240grn load that go about 1450fps or the hard to find and expensive Norma load that go about 1650fps. I have alot of both:~) I have had several of them and this one is my favorite.I have two barrels for this one too, the 8 1/2 inch tapered barrel and an old 61/2 inch ribbed that I cut down to 4 1/2 inches and did the engraving on. Lots of fun at the range and very accurate hunting!
Matt