Interesting Mag upgrade!!! Try it!!!

allburger

Enlightened
Today I got the clever idea to highlight the "Patented in U.S.A" and serial number on my 1D Mag P7.

I absolutely love the look of it. I got the idea from a gun forum that i read about a year ago. This technique is very easy. You take a white crayon and use a little pressure to get the wax into the imprint. Your going to end up with a mess of wax around the area. You then take a credit card and wipe off the excess. After that i basically took a wash cloth with water on it to wipe off the remaining wax.

This is also completely reverseable with a pin and a little water.

I have no idea how long this will last but I think it looks amazing on the black mag considering the lettering on the bezel is white as well.

What I attempted to do is do red white and blue on the U.S.A. but it didn't look as good as plain white. Other colors don't show up as well.
dscf4155.jpg

Enjoy!!

spencer

Enlightened
Very good idea. I just did this with mine and I think it looks great. To remove the excess I used a little lighter fluid and it came off very nicely.
For a moment I had the idea to do all the knurling on the body in white but then decided that if I didn't like it it would be very time consuming to remove.:oops:

Gryloc

Enlightened
Thanks for sharing this idea. It does look pretty nice, even though it is sort of a useless mod. I have already did this to both the "Patented in U.S.A." and the serial number with two of my Maglites: a pewter 2C and a black 2D. The only thing that I did differently was use white acrylic paint. I applied the paint, smeared it around until the crevices were filled, then wiped off the excess. The acrylic paint seems to be pretty durable, and it contrasts very well.

I was bored and looked around for other stamped logos and lettering in other flashlights to make white, but I couldn't find more lights to quickly mod. :(

-Tony

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Maglite thinks this is a good too because on my new 2D LED the patent and serial # are on the same side and are now laser engraved like the bezel is. The font is thinner and looks white. I also didn't notice before that newer mags just say "PATENTED IN USA" whereas older ones also say MADE.