• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods Battery Adapters, Parts etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
CLOSED
(please continue
HERE)

Odd Mods Battery Adapters

The battery adapters listed below are a marriage of semi-common fasteners with semi-complicated milled and drilled plastic parts and hand-cut copper pieces. The plastics used are primarily acetal and nylon, except where clear plastic is noted or pictured (acrylic). Milling, drilling, cutting, punching, threading, grinding and assembly operations are performed by myself with an assortment of tools in the garage.

Please Read:
Availability and pricing are listed below each product. Availability information is updated every few days or so, and should be considered up-to-date. If you have questions about availability or pricing or payment, please ask them in a response to this thread whenever it is reasonable to do so, (this will help me keep my PM box under control!). -Thank You

Product Offerings and Availability (as of 10-22-09):

Please have a look at the new 6AA adapter design below. This design premise is what all future batches of 3 abreast AA adapters will follow. I am phasing out the "for button top only" style of adapters and going to a more robust and versatile design for all future builds. As the new styles become available, any older units still in stock will have a price cut. Keep an eye out for good deals!

-------

New Product: 3x17670 for SureFire M6 adapter. Available Here.

-------

3AA > 1D ~3.6V, for flat top or button top cells

100_3431.jpg

~12 Available (gray nylon support rods shipping now)

$26.00 each

Add $2.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $2.75 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts.

*Designed for use in cut-down and re-threaded "1D" length MagLite's. Actual adapter length with cells installed may vary. Compatibility with other flashlights not guaranteed. Not Stackable!
I recomend checking out CPF member wquiles here in the customs BST for cut-down mags for these...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3x14670 ~11.1V, for flat top or button top li-ion cells
100_3543.jpg

This would make a nice power source for buck regulating 2-3 emitters, or running some bulbs ~10W or less with a regulator.

3 Available

$27.00 each

Add $2.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $2.75 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in cut-down and re-threaded MagLite's. Actual adapter length with cells installed may vary however with cells of exactly 67mm lenth, final adapter length becomes ~77mm from negative contact plate to top of positive "button" screw head. Thumb nut on tail needs an additional ~9mm of room but that rides inside the spring in most application with no interference. Not Stackable!
I recomend checking out CPF member wquiles here in the customs BST for cut-down mags for these...

New Design!

6AA > 2D ~7.2V, for flat top or button top cells

100_4161.jpg

The design changes and features of this 6AA adapter are plentiful:

• Excellent cell retention provided by a combination of flat brass contacts (machining texture left in-tact to improve friction) and cell retaining pocket design.
  • More refined look and feel
  • Easy side loading design means cells can be removed for charging without hassle
  • Pack charging is also easy with included alligator jacks/wires
  • Thicker Delrin end caps and intermediate spacer for better overall rigidity and deeper cell pockets
  • Delrin support rods keep all components in alignment and protect the unit from damage when cells are not loaded.
  • Easier tightening/loosening with thumb nut
  • Positive contact closely resembles "D" cell button top for proper contact pressure with mag switch.
  • Compatible with any type of AA or 14500 size cell. (even those pesky ones that are a little thicker than normal). Button top or Flat top works fine.
Over 67 separate drilling/milling/tapping operations go into the completion of each 6AA adapter.

100_4160.jpg

25 Available

$34.00 each

Add $3.50 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $5.00 for international shipping of up to 2 adapters, $1.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 2D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed may exceed the length of 2D cells slightly, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

9AA > 3D ~10.8V, for flat top or button top cells
100_3959.jpg

~8 Available for shipment by August 4th 2009

Normally $36.00 each

Price Reduced: $27.00 EACH

Add $3.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $4.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $1.25 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 3D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 3D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable!Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

12AA > 4D ~14.4V, for button top cells
100_3534.jpg

~7 Available

Normally $36.00 each

Price Reduced: $27.00 EACH

Add $4.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $5.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $1.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 4D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 4D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with button top cells only.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

12AA > 4D ~14.4V, for flat top or button top cells
100_3956.jpg

~9 Available for shipment by August 4th 2009

Normally $42.00 each

Price Reduced: $31.00 EACH

Add $5.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $1.50 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 4D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 4D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

15AA > 5D ~18V, for button top cells
100_3554.jpg

~2 Available

Normally $40.00 each

Price Reduced: $30.00 EACH

Add $5.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $1.75 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 5D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 5D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with button top cells only.

15AA > 5D ~18V, for flat top or button top cells
100_3560.jpg

~1 Available

Normally $48.00 each

Price Reduced: $36.00 EACH

Add $5.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $1.75 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 5D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 5D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

18AA >6D ~21.6V, for button top cells
100_3552.jpg

SOLD OUT! (Design change in the works)

$44.00 each

Add $5.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $6.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $2.00 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 6D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with button top cells only.

18AA > 6D ~21.6V, for flat top or button top cells
100_3564.jpg

~2 Available

Normally $54.00 each

Price Reduced: $42.00 EACH

Add $5.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $6.00 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $2.00 for each additional adapter.

*Designed for use in 6D size MagLite's for custom modifications. Actual adapter length with cells installed vary slightly from the length of 6D cells, but has been tested to work in MagLite Body's with the stock spring installed. Not Stackable! Adapter shown/sold here can be used with both button top and flat top cells.

future plans...

Various side-by-side multi-18650 and 18500 adapters for dual/quad bored mags are definitely on the list, but I don't have any guesstimate for a time frame at this time.

3x17670 PhD project regulated adapters for M6 are on the plate. We are still committed to this project.

I will be working on 4xAA abreast adapters for mags eventually. I've tried a prototype end-cap with good success and intend to make this a realty. Time frame is unknown.

That pesky fine print stuff... "lawyer talk" [PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING]

I'm not a lawyer, so I'll use english instead :)
I sell these adapters with the assumption that the receiving party has an understanding of electronic circuits and the dangers they could potentially present. But for obvious liability reasons, these adapters do not come with any batteries. Beginners in the realm of modifying flashlights should feel free to ask questions in this thread, or in one of the many appropriate places on this forum to build up a proper understanding of the modifications intended before attempting to modify a flashlight with an after-market adapter. Use of these adapters may void warranties of some flashlights. Please take responsibility and understand the risks.

Payment Instructions:​

Send Paypal to [email protected]
Only send payment for adapters listed with availability above. (with enough quantity remaining)

Please make note that you have sent payment and what for in this thread. I will generally go to the post office 1 or 2 times per week between Monday and Thursday.

Please include CPF username and order details in paypal notes.

Thank You for Looking!

I look forward to your order,
Cheers!
Eric

-----------

Previous Thread references:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/195976
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2346677#post2346677
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/204701

Last edited:

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric these look awesome.

I can vouch for these they have always been good holders but Eric keeps making them better and improving them all the time.
For some of you all M6 owners The 2X18650 works great for Led Zeppelin MZXR 5 & 7. I have been using it with my MZXR5 with great results.

Eric you asked for some other configurations well you know what I am going to list, I get asked about 4AA X 1D holders all the time so I will list that.

Thanks for your work

Dave

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow you've come a long way since the first version. Mine are still working great.

The clear rods and new center spacer look really sharp!

Maybe offer a cheap AA dummy cell, nylon sleave threaded for a brass screw?
I bought a 9AA->3D in the beginning and needed only 8AA.
I removed the last cell contact screw and nut on the Negative washer
I cut a screw to AA length plus enough to be go thru the bottom nylon plate with nuts on each side.
Doesn't look like that will work with the current version.
A dummy cell would look nicer and wiggle less.

Go OddBall!

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Good to see you expanding on your adapters.

If I may offer a suggestion: On your 2x18650 adapters, would there be a way for you to engrave (or otherwise mark permanently) the (+) end? I have to keep reminding myself of which end goes first without the (+) marked (it's faded already).

mdocod

Flashaholic
Good to see you expanding on your adapters.

If I may offer a suggestion: On your 2x18650 adapters, would there be a way for you to engrave (or otherwise mark permanently) the (+) end? I have to keep reminding myself of which end goes first without the (+) marked (it's faded already).

If you're running an incan in there it really wouldn't matter which way the adapter is installed in the M6, aside from possible contact issues. Bulbs have no polarity. :)

If it's an LED, then that's another story, with this new mill, I have been experimenting with ways to do something like what you describe. Something like a shallow flat bottom hole that I would paint/mark either black or red... Or something like that.

Eric

sylathnie

Enlightened
These look great!
Would this new machine be able to make a long flat series adapter? I'm looking for maybe 12S 18650 or 12S RCR123A (Adjustable maybe). This would primarily be used as a charging/balancing rig for my larger hotwires.
Something like this:
+ - + - + - + - + - + -
| | | | | | | | | | | |
- + - + - + - + _ + _ +

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I have mentioned this before in another thread, but I really like the clear rods, and newer design. Those look as good as a "factory" piece of merchandise IMHO. I too still have one of the older 6aa adapters, even those were quality.

Thanks for offering these products Eric.

mdocod

Flashaholic
Do you have any more 9AA adapter?

I have a few of the previous version on the shelf, but they are not for sale at this time.... They will possibly go up for sale at a clearance price after I have the new version of the 9AA adapters stocked up and ready.

-------------------------

sylathnie said:
Would this new machine be able to make a long flat series adapter? I'm looking for maybe 12S 18650 or 12S RCR123A (Adjustable maybe). This would primarily be used as a charging/balancing rig for my larger hotwires.

You haven't been watching over my shoulder here or reading my mind or something have you? :poke:

I have been tinkering the concept of a sturdy milled out "dummy" charging station since the day I decided to order this mill. Been thinking it could be user-configurable to series or parallel, have just about any number of any size slot desired. Oh yes, very possible indeed!

I am still trying to decide what plastic to use for such a task. Seems like sheet stock plastic that would be thick enough is pretty expensive. I'll continue my research into this idea and we'll see where it leads :thumbsup:

------------

Thanks to everyone with the continued support and kind words :)

Eric

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be starting a couple of new hotwire projects in April and will need at least 2 of your 9AA adapters.Are going to introduce a new version of your 12AA adapters?

mdocod

Flashaholic
I will be starting a couple of new hotwire projects in April and will need at least 2 of your 9AA adapters.Are going to introduce a new version of your 12AA adapters?

6AA, 9AA, 12AA, and even maybe a few 18AA adapters are all planned with design revisions. I have pretty well and finalized a 6AA adapter design, which will translate up to all the other sizes with minor adjustments, so I'm getting closer :)

Cheers,
Eric

greenLED

Flashaholic
If it's an LED, then that's another story, with this new mill, I have been experimenting with ways to do something like what you describe. Something like a shallow flat bottom hole that I would paint/mark either black or red... Or something like that.
Eggz-cellent!

sylathnie

Enlightened
I'll continue my research into this idea and we'll see where it leads :thumbsup:

I hereby volunteer my batteries and charging rig for testing purposes. Ship me whatever you need tested. :thumbsup:

ANDREAS FERRARI

Flashlight Enthusiast
6AA, 9AA, 12AA, and even maybe a few 18AA adapters are all planned with design revisions. I have pretty well and finalized a 6AA adapter design, which will translate up to all the other sizes with minor adjustments, so I'm getting closer :)

Cheers,
Eric
If you make a 15AA I would be down for 2 to power a Mag633!:twothumbs

Status
Not open for further replies.