UV mini Mag?

Lurchensteen

Newly Enlightened
My question for you all, is how hard would it be to turn a Mini Mag into a UV light. Is this something that one can do by myself? Is it even worth doing or should I just buy one. thanks

Last edited:

Lurchensteen

Newly Enlightened

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a minimag UV from batteryjunction ,not bad

yellow paper with yellow highlighter

frankiej

Newly Enlightened
I've got an old NiteIze 3 LED drop in that I soldered 3 UV LEDs from Dealextreme into. It works pretty well, but NiteIze uses some kind of weird hi-temp solder that was a bear to melt

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Brinkman with a cree Alpha WC Q5 drop-in, in it would that work.

You have a what? I think it's a Lighthound P60 Q5-WC Cree drop-in module that takes up to 9V in your Brinkman. I should know as I sold it to ya :poke:. And yes, any P60-sized module will fit in your Brinkman.

I'm gonna agree with a few of the others in suggesting the terralux UV drop-in for the minimag. It's quick and easy to install, a great mod for a beginner such as yourself :grin2:

Last edited:

Lurchensteen

Newly Enlightened
You have a what? I think it's a Lighthound P60 Q5-WC Cree drop-in module that takes up to 9V in your Brinkman. I should know as I sold it to ya :poke:.

I'm gonna agree with a few of the others in suggesting the terralux UV drop-in for the minimag. It's quick and easy to install, a great mod for a beginner such as yourself :grin2:

I read what was on the drop-in.