Can you help me find a light like this?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have many lights my favorite designs are my EDC's like my surefire E1L i prefer to carry in my pocket not in a holster like I sometimes do with my Fenix lights.Here is what I'm looking for I light design similar to the E1L,3.5-4 inches in length no more and not much less,maybe 3.3-3.4,also no more than 1 inch diameter on the handle and not much more on the bezel maybe around 1.3 bezel you get the idea,like the surefire E1L or nitecore extreme.Max lumens no less than 140 preferably more with a second setting of half that.This is the problem most lights of this size are fine with the max output up to 220 but the low setting is something in the single digit lumens 3-10,again I'm looking for about half the max lumens,so on a light with 150 lumens the second setting would be 75.If is has three settings thats fine as long as not a reverse clicky.I defintly want a forward clicky,mometary on.A twist bezel for settings is fine I just dont want not strobe or s.o.s.Its seems like a could find somthing to meet my desire but I have been looking for a couple nights and havn't come up with anything.Any suggestions would be great thanks.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
oof, that was one hard to read paragraph..
try adding in some spaces.

something similar to E1L? A romisen RC-N3, cheap, but it's only 1 mode, and type 2.
super bright, though.
forward clicky. :)

Bruce B

Enlightened
Surefire E1b?

80 Lumens Hi/5 Lumens Low

No strobe/No SOS

Clickie on/off, but it also allows for Twistie on/off

Comes in Black HA and Silver HA

Very friendly U.I.

150 dollars or less. (depending on where you buy it from)

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
When you get to the point where you just want to specify your own modes/output levels, it's time to look at a JetBeam..

Jet II Pro:

- 1x123 or RCR123
- Three user-defined modes, infinitely variable adjust any output level from 2-225 lumens. (Mine is set 2, 70, 225. Other examples would be 225, 110, 15. Or 80, 225, 10. Etc.)
- 3.8 inches in length, similar dimensions to Nitecore Extreme
- Optional forward clicky (order/install separately)

See it here: http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/jetiipro.html

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep StarHalo that looks like what I am looking for right now..Excellent THANKYOU..btw I assume you have one how easy is it to set you own output level to the three available selections

Marduke

Flashaholic
Fenix LxT v2.0 with a P2D body is very close to what you want. In that config, you get 152/16 lumens, 1xCR123, forward clicky. You essentially make a P2T.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not a Nitecore Extreme?

High of around 200 lumens, and a programmable infinitely variable low with memory. :thinking:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
btw I assume you have one how easy is it to set you own output level to the three available selections

Once you understand the concept/logic of how it's done, it's as easy as changing modes on other lights. You select/go to the mode you want to set, triple-click, and the brightness ramp begins. Once the ramp is to the brightness you want, click off - that output level is now written as your new mode. That's it.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Nitecore Extreme that you mentioned can do what you seem to be asking for. The E1B has good throw due to the optic.

The Jetbeam Jet II might also be a good choice.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Ra Clicky Tactical. Check it out here. Lots of features and there is a bit of a learning curve but can be operated as a very simple two stage if you wish and you can customize it to your preferences.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeh I have a Nitecore Extremen R2 edition on pre-order at 4sevens looks like its gonna ship next week,I had no idea they had variable low output.Thats a great thing to find out I dont know how I missed that when I order it unless the unreleased R2 isn't variable.I'll check on that.I also found the Ra Clicky and Novatacs this morning,regardless I NEED one of them.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys I totally missed this entire concept with Extreme when I ordered it and the R2 is the same they usually are.I like the brightness control with bezel idea 3-220 lumens.The funny thing is even though I just found out the light I have coming to me meets all my needs(at this particular moment ) I happened to find 2 other lights that I must own.Gee dont you love how that works.:)

LumenMan

Enlightened
That's what I love about this place. I learn about lights that I didn't even know I need until like five minutes ago...:drool::ohgeez:

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I love about this place. I learn about lights that I didn't even know I need until like five minutes ago...:drool::ohgeez:

Or you think your over a light and not interested in it until you read something on CPF that sways you otherwise.Thats the tough ones...."oh im not gonna get that light"/oh wait a minute that person just said it was different than I first thought,let me look at it again..and agian,and again.I think I just changed my mind, MAYBE I should get it/maybe not