anyone who has the latest light from Browning ?

radu1976

Enlightened

kramer5150

Flashaholic
LOL... Browning says nothing about it, partially because they don't know anything about it. Browning probably had very little to do with the design and development. Its a re-brand of another light thats due to hit the market in the future (whos' name I can't reveal). I had a chance to play around with that second light at an LED convention. 3 Rebel 90 emitters arranged in a triangle. Each emitter with its own optic that focused from spot to flood by twisting the bezel. FWIW... I didn't think it was a very "broad range" from spot to flood. Flood was pretty wide but the spot setting was no where near any of the P60 hosts or the RC-N3-Q5 I had with me that day. It was very bright though.. although critical comparisons were impossible with all the ambient light in the convention hall.

Its a 3xCR123 design, primary only. Solid heft and feel, good anodize quality and finish overall. The sales guys were comparing it with the SF-M2 I had with me. Its funny how sales folks always clam up when they know they have been out-done by a competitor:crackup:... either that or they were just being polite and not telling me my Surefire was a POS:crackup:

Anyways... It seemed more like a "wall of light" kind of torch, for whatever thats worth.

Last edited:

richied

Newly Enlightened
hi,

haven't posted in a while here, and I saw the Browning 400 lumen 1236 at Kittery trading post last week for about 80 bucks. It didn't have batteries in it and I haven't been able to find any more info about this light. The specs seem pretty good, 3 hrs run time on high and 10 hours on low.
Does anyone have anymore info on this light? i.e. it must be regulated if it has a hi/lo or is that perhaps some cheapo resistor arrangement? I'm tempted to get it as it seemed very well made and I have a rebel P3D now that has very nice color temp.

thanks

Rich

Flashlight Enthusiast
not my style, but I like the honesty. "Brightest light in the Browning line." Not some inflated brightest LED flashlight claim.

Latest posts