Glow Inc.'s March 2009 Newsletter

Skylighter

Enlightened
The following is the Glow Inc. March 2009 Newsletter. If you would like to receive the newsletter via email, then please visit our signup page.

New Particles Sizes

There are three factors that determine the charging speed and brightness of a glow pigment. First, is chemical makeup. For example, strontium aluminate is generally 10 times brighter than zinc sulfide.

Within strontium aluminate products, there are several grades determined by the purity of the chemicals and manufacturing process. Higher grades are brighter and of course are more expensive.

Within a grade, larger particle sizes are brighter. However, the larger particles create rough surfaces and grainy texture. Therefore posing a problem in small or detailed projects.

Glow inc.'s Ultra Green V10 is the highest grade material manufactured. However, until recently Glow Inc only sold our popular V10 product in 55-85 micron particles. We are happy to now stock the V10 in 55-85, 35-65, 15-35, 10-20, 5-15, and 2-8 micron.

You can find a comparison chart of all our green products on the Which Green? page.

Ultra Green V10 in the new particle sizes can be found on the Specialty Powder page.

We also now offer a Green Sample Pack that includes every green powder in every grade and particle size.

Bulbs for Charging Phosphorescent Paints

It is common knowledge that black lights are the best way to charge glow in the dark paints. However, they are not always practical.

Compact Flourescents Lightbulbs (CFL), which are the spiral type bulbs are a great alternative, especially in the "Daytime" versions.

If you want to use a laser or LED, forget about using red or green. Only blue, purple, or ultra-violet will actually charge glow in the dark pigments.

For much more detailed information on charging bulbs, visit our new article: Light Source!
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Isn't That Special

(Note, this section has been removed because it directly violates CPF rules. If you are interested in the special, may I suggest that you visit the newsletter on Glow Forum.)
spacer.gif

Project Pictures

If you are looking for project ideas for your glow in the dark purchases, then we highly recommend that you check out Glow Inc's Gallery. All of these pictures have been taken by our customers. We encourage you to add your completed project as well.

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you going to carry glow sheets that use strontium aluminate? I like the ones County Comm got from Luminova for making their afterburners a few years ago.

Skylighter

Enlightened
We have looked for good glow sheets over the years, but we have not found anything that lives up to our quality expectations.

There is a new manufacturer that we are considering, so we may have something soon.

In the meantime, Abbeytoo on GlowForum.com has a variety of glow sheets that she has collected. I am sure she can get you what you need.

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
The Glow Inc.'s April Newsletter is out with a good special. Buy $85 worth of glow stuff and get a free sample pack.

I missed the 1 lb of green free a couple months ago. I am going to jump on this one. :)

So now I just need to figure out what kind of powder to get. I guess back to reading Green LED's glow in the dark threads again, since I didn't keep good notes. I have a few ideas of things around the house that I want to add glow in the dark dots to.

Latest posts