Major East Coast Snow Storm - WooT !

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
It's snowing like there's no tomorrow--tonight. Fortunately, got my Sno-Wovel and blower all set for some March Madness! Love the snow!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
We're getting snow now here in the sunny South. Supposed to have maybe three inches by the morning. This old Yankee enjoys seeing it, but I'll also enjoy the 70 degree days expected by the end of the week.

Geoff

Monocrom

Flashaholic
There's so much snow here that the sky is light-grey, instead of black.

A lot of folks are going to have a horrible commute into work today.... But not me since I'm usually off on Mondays. :grin2:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
My workplace closed for the day so I have the day off (paid)!

I measured 8" this morning here in Mid Virgina which is quite rare to get that much in one 24 hr period. I'm from Chicago area originally so I'm loving it.

Here is a pic from last night at 5". Not much to brag about for you northern folks but I like the lighting in this shot.
snow_1mar09.jpg

Warm White Ra Clicky looks real nice against the snow, but makes it hard to pick out the "yellow snow". Cold white Led make it super bright but harsh.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
The city has settled down and the sidewalks are already cleared :)

Roads and gutters are still a bit of a mess :ironic:

First snow day for the kiddos since 2004!

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Getting some snow here in NE Pa but, too far West to get any of the major part of the storm that's hitting the coast...DANG! This might be the last chance for a "good one" this year too!:(

Karl

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
We managed about 2" last night. Caused a bunch of fender benders, as usual. It's melting nicely now, but tonight will refreeze, so all the auto bodyshops will again be happy tomorrow.

Geoff

K A

Enlightened
Snow? What's that? :p It's mostly been in the 50's for what feels like all winter here in southern Kansas. We have had some snow... but nothing like we used to get when I was a kid. Oh and I must add it has gotten up to the 60s. Hit 70 once and forecast to hit 80 by Thursday.

Last edited:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well we can't have all the fun up here in Alaska! It's nice to "share the wealth"!! I love it when it's falling heavy and if you're away from the roads, the quiet is absolute music to my ears!