Storacell
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Wanted: TW4 KL4 with low Vf for 1x cr123 primary

  1. #1

    Wink2 Wanted: TW4 KL4 with low Vf for 1x cr123 primary

    Trying to build my own TW4.
    Looking for a KL4 head with a low Vf that can run off a single cr123 primary
    HA finish in good shape.
    Hopefully has little or no doughnut in the beam.
    Send me a pm.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Zot; 03-08-2009 at 07:05 AM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    I didn't know such a thing existed?!

  3. #3
    Flashaholic acourvil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    387

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    errr . . . mine will run on a single cell. It's not quite as bright that way, but it's still plenty of light for casual use. Do other require 2 cells?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary aka TW4

    Still looking...

  5. #5
    *Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Great South Bay, LINY
    Posts
    8,051

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary aka TW4

    How about a ready-2-run TW1 with a U2SWOH emitter and an incan head as well?

    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=186541

  6. #6

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary aka TW4

    I'll have to check that out.

    I really should have jumped on the 2 tw4s you had for sale.
    Were they in that thread too?

    Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    How about a ready-2-run TW1 with a U2SWOH emitter and an incan head as well?

    http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=186541

  7. #7
    *Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Great South Bay, LINY
    Posts
    8,051

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary aka TW4

    I think they were in Surefire Bonanza I.

  8. #8
    Thread Killer Illum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Posts
    12,524

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    Quote Originally Posted by peterthomson View Post
    I didn't know such a thing existed?!

    Supposedly the first few batches of KL4s have no discernible output difference between 1xCR123A or 2xC123A...one of my KL4s had this ability, turns out the current draw was below 1 amp, thats probably why.

    Supposedly successive batches no longer had the capability and operates at somewhat reduced output on 1xCR123A.

    the easiest way of reproducing the TW4 design would be to use a RCR123A/16340 in place of a CR123a, you should get about 30 minutes per charge...not a bad option given the output of the KL4.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    Thanks for the details. I am looking for one like the first batch you describe.

    Quote Originally Posted by Illum_the_nation View Post
    Supposedly the first few batches of KL4s have no discernible output difference between 1xCR123A or 2xC123A...one of my KL4s had this ability, turns out the current draw was below 1 amp, thats probably why.

    Supposedly successive batches no longer had the capability and operates at somewhat reduced output on 1xCR123A.

    the easiest way of reproducing the TW4 design would be to use a RCR123A/16340 in place of a CR123a, you should get about 30 minutes per charge...not a bad option given the output of the KL4.

  10. #10
    Flashaholic*
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn NY
    Posts
    3,835

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    It's not the first batch, it's just a very low Vf LED

  11. #11

    Default Re: Wanted: KL4 that can run on 1x cr123 primary

    Thanks. Is there one out there for me?

    Quote Originally Posted by GarageBoy View Post
    It's not the first batch, it's just a very low Vf LED

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •