CA Camping Trip Fr 9/5 thru Su 9/7

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meet the likes of McGizmo, Mr Ted Bear and PK.

OK, I'm taking the bull by the horns, and will be organizing this camping get-together in Sequoia National Park for the weekend following Labor Day, Friday 9/5 thru Sunday 9/7.

NO EXCUSES! This should give everyone that would like to attend, enought time to plan and make arrangements.

As this follows Labor Day, we should have the park to ourselves. I will post more info and details in the weeks ahead. I sure there will be many questions...

McGizmo

Flashaholic
V8TOYOTATRK,

Can you define *hike*? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tree.... who cares about the worlds largest AND oldest living thing...

Don't recall the name, but there's some caves which I plan to light like they have never been lighted before /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hike to the General Sherman?

Actually, it's a cool little walk around the groves. Good little picnic area...

And the date's mucho better, too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
i hope so too... in his offices/shot2003 its very impressive and i'm dying to see how the mcculloch x990 and the kwang kung compare

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The park is named after the Sequoias and its something I always wanted to see, not just that one tree, all of them in that area are suppose to be huge. If that area is too far we can camp somewhere else no biggie.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why the trees... Well, if you've never seen one up close and personal, you should at least see one in your lifetime...

Just the mere fact that some of these living entities are older than Jesus Christ says quite a lot...

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
I didn't intend to "bark" at anyone for wanting to see Sherm. I've seen the palos altos many times. They are truly magnificant and are a must see if you've never been before.

Just curious why we latched onto the tree. Sorta like the May Pole does California. That's all...

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
jeff

i didn't hear any bark....

If im going to drive 4/5 hours, I plan to see general Sherman; the sequoias in Yosemite are magnificent, but the Sherman is the oldest, AND the largest living thing on the planet earth. Scientist guess the age to be 2800 years...

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
The tree is the oldest and largest living thing? Hah! You've never seen my mother-in-law!

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Mr Ted Bear,

That aint too far!

Largest- no argument, but I got some creosote bush rings next to the shack near Landers that are supposedly much older /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

Larry

Edit: InTheDark (below)- edit your post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

InTheDark

Enlightened
Anyway, is there an official sign-up list on who's going?

Inthedark
Mr Ted Bear
V8Toyota

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sequoia 99% full - Need new location

Spent a few hours on the phone with National Park Service etc.

Reservations are only for the major campsite areas, all remaining campsites are on a first come, first serve basis.
It's too iffy to drive 4/5 hours....

On the other hand, I checked with the Express Hilton in Three Rivers (50 minutes outside Sequoia) Rooms are only 80 night and are availabe for that first weekend in Sept