Supbeam Light

Thread: New Saturn Commercial

Default New Saturn Commercial

I may have seen many of you in the new Saturn car commercial portraying people going down the interstate at night in "invisible" cars, all carrying flashlights.

Good job everyone!

Default Re: New Saturn Commercial

huh?!? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Double Huh??? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall be forged anew, THATS RIGHT IT'S RETROFIT TIME

yeah I saw that . funny

triple huh??

It is a small bit of humor. Maybe too small. I've been seeing a Saturn commercial airing this week. In the commercial there is a sceen where many people are making their way down the interstate in formations as if they were in vehicals. They are all carrying flashlights and have red LED lights attached to their "back pockets". It was amusing to me when I thought, 'Now, that looks like a bunch of CPFers'.

...my humble attempt at humor for you, helpful and scientifically minded folks.

Mostly MIA Administrator

I surfed around the Saturn site, I suppose the ad can be viewed somewhere in the flash world of the new Ion--but alas, flash doesn't run too well on this machine so I don't have it tonight, I can probably find it tomorrow.

You haven't missed much...

Enlightened

http://www.adreview.com/article.cms?articleId=902

It doesn't have a video, but at least there's a pic. If anyone's registered at adcritic.com you can probably find the mpeg there.

Flashaholic

Originally posted by Anthem:
    http://www.adreview.com/article.cms?articleId=902

It doesn't have a video, but at least there's a pic. If anyone's registered at adcritic.com you can probably find the mpeg there.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhhhh......Anthem?........if you sort of......you know.......click on that picture........it's kind of.......well.......ummmmm.........a video. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

Lights on the side of Police Cars...., does she mean alley lights?

Mostly MIA Administrator

Heh heh heh, sure the video is postage stamp sized but I love it. Wonder if Saturn and Saab are sharing ad agencies these days, the big thing with the new 9-3 is "The first sketch" they keep saying (I'm a bit skeptical) that when they asked an engineer to draw the first sketch of the new 9-3 he sketched a happy driver and they wen't from there...

Flashaholic

I've seen it a couple of times.

My wife said, "You'd have super-high beams compared to some of those people. Or like the lights on the side of police cars."

Yep, that's my gal. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Enlightened

Originally posted by Cutter:
    Uhhhh......Anthem?........if you sort of......you know.......click on that picture........it's kind of.......well.......ummmmm.........a video. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ewps, my bad. I despise Realplayer, I'll check it at a friend's place.

Thanks

Flashaholic

Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
    Lights on the side of Police Cars...., does she mean alley lights?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, she was talking about alley lights, or maybe the A-pillar lights. She had the right idea, though.

Anthem-
    I understand your disposition on Realplayer. Thank you for the link though. Cool site.

DonL-
    Alley lights for people...hmmm. I think you may have something there. Wonder what would work best.

Flashaholic

we all know that true driver enjoyment can only occur in finely crafted cars from audi ;&gt; or maybe volkswagen. esp if they are turbo diesels :&gt; yah. heh heh.

Originally posted by Saaby:
    Heh heh heh, sure the video is postage stamp sized but I love it. Wonder if Saturn and Saab are sharing ad agencies these days, the big thing with the new 9-3 is "The first sketch" they keep saying (I'm a bit skeptical) that when they asked an engineer to draw the first sketch of the new 9-3 he sketched a happy driver and they wen't from there...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Mostly MIA Administrator

VWs are ok. Right now (car companies change, I understand that) I'd never buy an Audi--electrical graemlins up the wazoo. If they improve their quality I might though. Ford baught Volvo and their QC dived as well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] unfortunatly that means that the 2 real decent AWD wagons" Audi Quatro wagon and Volvo XC, are, well, not that decent.

So, what kind of lighting would you have used if you were in an invisible automobile commercial?

Cool Daddy Administrator

I'd probably pick up one of those first CMG Reactors so I'd be REALLY invisible.

Cool Daddy Administrator

Ford baught Volvo and their QC dived as well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">From a guy who lived through it: Volvo's QC dived WELL before the Ford purchase.

Mostly MIA Administrator

Originally posted by Icebreak:
    So, what kind of lighting would you have used if you were in an invisible automobile commercial?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HID projector beam headlights from the new Q (Infinity) those things look awesome! Put them in a lantern form and ship them to my house [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

C'mon Saaby, help me here. As little as I know, I'm thinking the power source for your 'human HIDs' may have a weight to power ratio problem (as I'm sure you've experienced in Saabs). Now, forgive me for going back to flashlights for a moment:

Last haloween Wally World had five colors of the standard 5 LED bike lights for $1.75 a piece. They were intended to be worn by trick-or-treators. My nieghborhood is neat little, semi-urban area with nice late-night foot and bike traffic on it. Many people are still using these LED lights for walking and riding at night. I've noticed that the four amber and two red units on my bike (30 LEDs total) not only alert automobile traffic well, but also somewhat light up the area around me for little cost.

I'm thinking that they might be modified to give walkers, joggers and riders hands-free, 360º lighting.

Anybody?

Mostly MIA Administrator

Oh now THAT has to do with Saturns [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Flashaholic

whatchoo talking about willis? vw owns audi and had been "stealing" er borrowing their tech. the 2002 vw jetta wagon is practically the 1999 audi wagon even. same engines, just different ergos and bits.

now, there's a terrible rumor of a single batch of a6's with electrical faults, but that's it. nadda. zippo :&gt; i can't HEAR you :&gt;

they rock.

VWs are ok. Right now (car companies change, I understand that) I'd never buy an Audi--electrical graemlins up the wazoo. If they improve their quality I might though. Ford baught Volvo and their QC dived as well [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] unfortunatly that means that the 2 real decent AWD wagons" Audi Quatro wagon and Volvo XC, are, well, not that decent.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Just saw it... now I understand. Anybody able to spot what kind of light(s) they were using?

-Mike

Mostly MIA Administrator

No no no no no no no no no...they rock, I just wouldn't buy one out of warranty. VW, Audi, and Porche are the same company. VW tends to use more reliable, but simpler things. The boss, that is the president of Volgswagon AG (VW/Audi/Porche) wants VWs to be a more upscale brand, Audi people aern't too happy with that, it's stealing sales, but if it makes the boss happy...

I'm a rookie so it would be difficult for me to figure it out. I do know that when I hear that piano tune I have to look up and watch. The ad just strikes a chord with me. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]