New Saturn Commercial

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may have seen many of you in the new Saturn car commercial portraying people going down the interstate at night in "invisible" cars, all carrying flashlights.

Good job everyone!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
huh?!?
confused.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is a small bit of humor. Maybe too small. I've been seeing a Saturn commercial airing this week. In the commercial there is a sceen where many people are making their way down the interstate in formations as if they were in vehicals. They are all carrying flashlights and have red LED lights attached to their "back pockets". It was amusing to me when I thought, 'Now, that looks like a bunch of CPFers'.

...my humble attempt at humor for you, helpful and scientifically minded folks.

Saaby

Flashaholic
I surfed around the Saturn site, I suppose the ad can be viewed somewhere in the flash world of the new Ion--but alas, flash doesn't run too well on this machine so I don't have it tonight, I can probably find it tomorrow.

Cutter

Enlightened
Originally posted by Anthem:
http://www.adreview.com/article.cms?articleId=902

It doesn't have a video, but at least there's a pic. If anyone's registered at adcritic.com you can probably find the mpeg there.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhhhh......Anthem?........if you sort of......you know.......click on that picture........it's kind of.......well.......ummmmm.........a video.
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Heh heh heh, sure the video is postage stamp sized but I love it. Wonder if Saturn and Saab are sharing ad agencies these days, the big thing with the new 9-3 is "The first sketch" they keep saying (I'm a bit skeptical) that when they asked an engineer to draw the first sketch of the new 9-3 he sketched a happy driver and they wen't from there...

DonL

Enlightened
I've seen it a couple of times.

My wife said, "You'd have super-high beams compared to some of those people. Or like the lights on the side of police cars."

Yep, that's my gal.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Anthem

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Cutter:
Uhhhh......Anthem?........if you sort of......you know.......click on that picture........it's kind of.......well.......ummmmm.........a video.
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ewps, my bad. I despise Realplayer, I'll check it at a friend's place.

Thanks

DonL

Enlightened
Originally posted by SCOTT THE BADGER:
Lights on the side of Police Cars...., does she mean alley lights?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, she was talking about alley lights, or maybe the A-pillar lights. She had the right idea, though.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anthem-
I understand your disposition on Realplayer. Thank you for the link though. Cool site.

DonL-
Alley lights for people...hmmm. I think you may have something there. Wonder what would work best.

leddite

Enlightened
we all know that true driver enjoyment can only occur in finely crafted cars from audi ;> or maybe volkswagen. esp if they are turbo diesels :> yah. heh heh.

Originally posted by Saaby:
Heh heh heh, sure the video is postage stamp sized but I love it. Wonder if Saturn and Saab are sharing ad agencies these days, the big thing with the new 9-3 is "The first sketch" they keep saying (I'm a bit skeptical) that when they asked an engineer to draw the first sketch of the new 9-3 he sketched a happy driver and they wen't from there...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

Saaby

Flashaholic
VWs are ok. Right now (car companies change, I understand that) I'd never buy an Audi--electrical graemlins up the wazoo. If they improve their quality I might though. Ford baught Volvo and their QC dived as well
frown.gif
unfortunatly that means that the 2 real decent AWD wagons" Audi Quatro wagon and Volvo XC, are, well, not that decent.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
So, what kind of lighting would you have used if you were in an invisible automobile commercial?