TnC Help

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone tell me if there are any drivers on the TnC site that will run on 1.5 volts. The site is kind of cryptic. I need to find a .55 inch light engine and I have not gotten much help from any of the so called "experts" I have contacted on this site. Its really turning out to be rocket science!

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone tell me if there are any drivers on the TnC site that will run on 1.5 volts. The site is kind of cryptic. I need to find a .55 inch light engine and I have not gotten much help from any of the so called "experts" I have contacted on this site. Its really turning out to be rocket science!

Not realy...
search for RV7..

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do know the saying "You'll attract more flies with honey...", right?

I suspect the reason the responses have been minimal is that no one has a good answer for you. There aren't many 1xAA boost converters available, and I don't know if any of them are as small as .55".

TnC has some light engines based on MJ drivers that can support a single AA, but if they ever offered the drivers alone for sale, it's been a while. And I don't recall MJ offering any for sale recently (if at all) either.

The current "RV7" driver that Axel refered to is avaiable here, but it's a little bigger (17mm) than you're looking for. I don't keep up with DX/KD/etc components, so I can't tell you if there are other options available there. Try asking in the Flashlight Electronics - Batteries Included sub-forum.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
gswitters' response is spot on. The MJ 1.5 mm boost boards are all built into cansiters. You might contact MJ to see if he'll let one go as a loose part, otherwise we (TnC) are also looking for a 0.55" 1.5 driver!

Imworking

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll have to take my chances with some of the 1.5 volt Chinese boards from deal extreme. The reviews I have read have been mixed as to the quality of the boards.

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the replies. Guess I'll have to take my chances with some of the 1.5 volt Chinese boards from deal extreme. The reviews I have read have been mixed as to the quality of the boards.

The boards from the Chinese vendors are too large to fit into the TnC cans.