Do I post too little?

Empath

Flashaholic
It may seem a paradox, but some high post-count members don't post enough, and some low-post members post too much.

Of course the converse is also true. The post count isn't an indication of "too little" or "too much".

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are many post counts that doesn't really add any values such as those that goes, +1 and :crackup:. Actually, coming to this of it, this post of mine doesn't add any value either. :sssh:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1

(see, I just added an extra post count next to my name) :D

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some of us have said all we want to say already - and tire of repeating ourselves. It's not worth getting lost in pointless debates.

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually when you see new members having a lot of post count, you could almost always expect that majority of their post don't add value.

I spent a lot more time reading these days than in the past. Sometimes getting entertained by people getting mad at each other in a virtual world over flashlights.

carrot

Flashaholic
Oops, am I guilty of posting too much then?

IMHO generally speaking the best course of action is to only post when you have something constructive to say. Otherwise, shut up. :D

Starlight

Enlightened
Remember, everyone is entitled to his own opinion, just don't feel obligated to give it to everyone else.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i post when ever i like.. constructive or not.

so i think i post too much. hah.

and also have low count still but im getting more and more everyday :)

-when you get old and seasoned you get tired of answering to things that you have seen 100 times and answered for dozens of times.. you just let others do it for you.. just read.. and answer if really only if someone already havent answered the way that satisfies you.

i was just coming here for months just to read.. then i decided that i actually should either reply something or ask something that interests me.. then i couldnt decide what would be the post worthy to register.. that took atleast a month.. "no not that.. that could be nice to ask but naah.i wait for something else.." then i just gave in and registered in.. no turnin back no more.. not until i really am set and satisfied with lights i have.

then i might be able to stop coming here. or atleast come less often.

hmm.. i wrote a rant here too.. hmm.. it was over 30 lines of text.. decided to delete it before posting. it didnt belong here. hahah..

*those interested: it was about closeminded people that have been brainwashed to think blindly that Everything of America= good, others = bad, communists and arabs = worst.*

but lets not get there here.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
postcount.gif

There's a potential message there, with discussions of the continuum of postings, but then I would be contradicting my smiley.

:nana:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I try to add something to the thread when I post, when I can't I usually don't post.

But I do repeat myself often though, since newbies(most common threads I post in) usually ask the same questions and most don't use search("Search" should be in larger font, bold, and flashlight colors so there is no chance of missing it). The very helpful stickie threads(Welcome Mat as one of them) are also not obvious enough for most of them to even realize that they are there to help and the threads within a stickie isn't working well either. I think the Welcome Mat should be a "read or you can't join" thing(or at least clicking on it at least once is a requirement for being a member).

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thread makes me think of a saying: "Some people talk a lot, but don't really say much."
But that's ok. Freedom of speech. Gotta love it! If someone feels like posting, I say go for it!

smflorkey

Newly Enlightened
really enjoyed reading about your Inova X1 (generation 2) mod :

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/203925
This, I think, was one of the best replies to this thread. Thank you, Burgess, for posting a great example and pointing me to an interesting thread I had not seen. :twothumbs

I have an old Inova 1xAA with TIR lens which has an amazing blue ring around the hot spot and no spill at all. This nice thread by cyberspyder has inspired me to improve it. Of course, now I have to decide whether to follow cyberspyder's recipe closely or get more creative. :naughty:

Thanks,
Steve