gift for my gf, an pink delica?

ozner1991

Enlightened
im thinking of buying an pink spyderco delica 4 for my gf's bday. she is an knife person so i'll think she'll like it. does anyone think its smart or have an better suggestion for me?

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
That or a pink Native if you need pink:thumbsup:

Have both (saving one for my daughter and one for the wife) and both are very nice.

The Sage in Carbon fiber is also very nice if she is right handed and color isn't an issue. Slightly more pricey, but very close to perfection. (And I do have more expensive knives... )

Sverre

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a great gift :twothumbs

Another thing you may want to throw in is a purple Fenix E01 - they are $15 shipped from 4sevens. I picked one up for my wife over the summer and she really enjoys it.

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Is pink tactical? I keep asking Spyderco to make a pink 'Military' but to no avail.

Seriously, sounds like a cool gift. I wish my wife liked knives.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying a knife for a woman is highly dangerous, as thats not the kind of thing that most women want. And Powernoodle knows what women want.

However, as long as you are sure that she is a knife chick, then go for it.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buying a knife for a woman is highly dangerous, as thats not the kind of thing that most women want. And Powernoodle knows what women want.

However, as long as you are sure that she is a knife chick, then go for it.

My wife "adopts" the lights and knives she likes and suddenly she starts referring to them as hers:thinking: :ohgeez:

The problem is that she is a bit careless with them and they are sometimes misplaced for quite a while.

Currently she has 2 Delicas, an Ocelot, 2 bushcraft knives, 2-3 multitools, an unknown quantity of AA lights:sigh: , but I got my U2 back because she thought it was a bit large:D

She is a leftie though so liner, frame and compression locked knives are pretty safe:crackup:

Good choice with the Delica!

Sverre

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loled.

Take her out and offer to take her shopping.

Buy her a knife next week and say I just felt like it. Seriously, don't buy a girl a knife for a special occasion.

ozner1991

Enlightened
thats the thing i cant take her shopping and shes an knife nut like me so i thought this would be an good gift for her

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats the thing i cant take her shopping and shes an knife nut like me so i thought this would be an good gift for her

If what you say is true my friend, I only have two things to point out.

1) You should buy her a new knife :) and you're lucky. I'm gifted because my girlfriend likes flashlights more than I do I think lol

2) If she is really a fanatic, would she consider a pink one an insult or something to add to the collection.

I say this because whilst my girlfriend is no flashaholic, if I bought her a something because it was cute but wasn't top of the line she would think it was a joke. Just a thought.

ozner1991

Enlightened
i already got the awnsers out of her about liking pink knives :cool:
"thats not an knife with an pink handle thats an red handle with camera flash" "this is an pink knife -shows benchmade griptilian-
"thats an ugly pink though"
"yeah, if your going with pink you should go with hot pink, i love it"

so i think im good :twothumbs

AncientSword

Newly Enlightened
I gave my ex-wife a pink Delica back when we were married ....

I wish I could get it back! She threw a bunch of my stuff out, but she sure kept that Delica.

hatethatgiraffe

Newly Enlightened
Delica is a lovely lil knife!

My fave spydey by far though has to be the mini manix!
It aint pink though lol