EAGTAC        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do your Friends carry?

Default What do your Friends carry?

well we have covered lights EDCed from family before,
    and in my case this is something that i am not proud of...

But what lights do your freinds coworkers etc carry?

Outdoors oriented friends

1x KaiDomain Buckle Light
    1x RC-N3 in CR123 format

Friends Serving in the Military

2x Romisen Rc-G2 (to very good service!)
    1x do not know actually, he has 5 lights (G2, Ultrafire C2, Solarforce L2, NightPower Xenon, RC-N3)

Gun Club friends

1x MTE C2 SSC
    1x AKoray 6-mode (replacement for lost MTE C2 SSC)
    1x Superfire WF-501B
    1x Fauxton and sometimes E1
    1x Magllight Solitaire (he won;t switch to a light I gave him)

Flashaholic*

Default Re: What does your Firends carry?

Cavers tend to use Petzl Myo XP or PT Apex, and then there is everthing else in smaller numbers.
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

my friends dont carry

i am the odd of the bunch.

im slowly transforming them to increace preparedness.
    cant ask to edc carry yet.. "just have A flashlight somewhere dude!"

yes, slowly i will win them to bright-side *evil scheme*

many use lighters and cellhones

some are improving to fauxtons i have given. or someother keychain leds.

some have dx style cheap lights already.. but i seriously doubt they edc them.

2 do edc most of the time or atleast have one near by if they go somewhere they might need a light (led lensers)

even those that need a flashlight in their job only use them at job .. same goes to hobbyists (hunters trekkers etc).. not everywhere.

but i have one person that is gullible ..ermm.. no thats not right word.. hmm.. ready to accept flashlights as useful items worthy of having everywhere. i just need to show him the right direction to go.

i believe the light i will soon choose to be my next EDC is something he will insist getting too the moment he sees it perform.

Most nothing, a few have Photons or Photon clones with their keys or on zipper pulls.

Flashaholic*

My friends each carry a cell phone with my number in it, and they call me when they need light. But seriously, they don't carry flashlights with them, except for a cheapie keyring LED light that I gave each of them a while back.
    Aren't flashlights cool?
    Carry a flashlight, and you'll have a bright future.

lets see.... at 3 are edcing a lumapower F1

and at least 5 more have photon clones ..

Unless otherwise noted each line is a different person:

- Nitecore EX10 & Arc-AAA
    - Muyshondt Nautilus
    - Surefire G2
    - some kind of Surefire running a LumensFactory IMR setup

My dad carries a Streamlight Nano (I gave him an Arc but he likes the Nano better); my mom a Fenix E1; my aunt a Photon and E01.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Default Re: What do your Friends carry?

Quote Originally Posted by kosPap View Post
    But what lights do your freinds coworkers etc carry?
    My friends, family and my team members as well as a few close colleagues all have PhotonII's from me.

One of my mates is a copper so has been sorted out with a U2 and an L4 and a TigerLight (although I learned recently it hasn't been used in well over a year)
    I've encouraged quite a few people to get Princeton Tec EOS headtorches after they made good use of mine on camping trips etc.

Every now and then I see a friend with a GlowRing I gave away as gifts ten years ago. I only have a few left myself after all this time. Gotta get some more. Where's B@rt?

As motivation to return safely I lent one of my team members who is taking a month vacation to travel New Zealand and Australia an ArcAAA. I told her; 'Don't think I won't suffer going to Oz to hunt her down to get it back if she doesn't show up for work when she's meant to.' Who authorised her taking a month's vacation anyway? Me. The only consolation is that she'll have only a couple weeks of leave remaining to last her the rest of the year.

A couple of mates have MagLights just to tease me because they know it winds me up. I got my own back on one of them because their multi-D-cell MagLight didn't work when they attempted to counter my showing them my latest new flashlight. The D-cell(s) had leaked!

No one i know.

My family thinks I'm silly, carrying my LF3XT.
    Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and higher education positively fortifies it.
    --Stephen Vizinczey

Two of my friends have E01's cause I gave them as Christmas gifts. Three others carry LD01 Stainless (1 cause I gave it to his for his birthday). It's much easier to EDC keychain lights ~5 have the original black Arc AAA's!
    Fiat Lux

Family
    Dad: Fenix P1-CE, E01-HA on keys
    Mom: E01-BK on keys
    Brother: E01-HA[?]

Friends
    lighter?

if my friends edc a light it's because i gave it to them. i gave away one LED Lenser about 8 months ago to a friend and he uses it still. this is actually a very fine light.

My wife carries a Fenix E01.

Everyone else I have regular contact with does not carry an EDC light.

Flashaholic*

Most people I know don't carry a light.

However:
    My flatmate used to carry a Maglite Solitaire and now carries a Fenix E01 that I gave him in exchange for his Mag 2D that he didn't use (I only had 2 of the Mag 2D hosts & I wanted a 3rd (ROP Low, Malkoff, Osram 64430)).

My Stepfather sometime goes on overnight tramps, he has a cheap LED headlamp and a cheap torch - I am not sure of the brand.

A friend is always in the car when he is out at night so he has some torches in the car, all are cheap junk. He does have a Fauxton on his keyring that I gave him.

Some other people I know have a cheap dynamo LED torch (squeeze to recharge) that the local supermarket had a special on (NZ$3 for a toilet thing that clips on the bowl to clean/fragrance the toilet, with a free torch that never needs batteries). They never carry it though, just keep it at home or in the car.

Most people don't see a need to always have a torch on them. Most are happy with something that cost less than $10. Most never concern themselves with batteries or bulbs until they try to use a torch and it doesn't work. I have never meet another person that has >US$200 worth of torches on them almost all the time (or that value of torches at all). I don't tell people how much I have spent all together on torches, batteries & chargers - most would be horrified at the cost just for some light.
    So many lights, so little money (cause I spent it on lights). I'm not afraid of the dark, the dark is afraid of ME!

Flashaholic*

My wife has a P2D in her purse, an LD01 on her keys, and a few randoms in her car....I put them all there, she laughs at me. But whenever she needs one and uses it she always tells me about it
    List of flashlights that used to be here has been removed (by me) to save our search function. NOW USE IT.

One of my best friends EDC's a Novatac 120P, LD01-SS, and a Surefire L5. He is a beginner flashoholic(guess who got him into it).

Another EDC's a Fenix L2D I sold him over a year ago. He carries it everyday, mostly in it's L1D form. Also has a ROP-LOLA he uses for brighter tasks.

Another EDC's a Surefire 6PL. Extremely beat up as it's his only light and gets lots of use.

Another friend of mine and fellow flashoholic EDC's a LunaSol 20 and Ti Mule.

Mom carries a D10 in her purse everyday, and I have it running on a protected 14500 cell.
    EDC: Ra Clicky 100WWCn/ Muyshondt Aeon
    Other Favorites: Surefire LX2/Eagletac M2XC4/ DBS V2 1S-R2, MC-E

If I had a friend I would ask them?

Ha ha i love this post. I wonder why no one's asked this before. No one I know carried a light on them before I started giving them out. Now my dad has a U2, my mom has both an A2(which sits in a drawer somewhere cause she says it's too big for her purse) and an L1. My sister and her boyfriend both have A2's and M2's. My friends all are being equipped with jetbeam jet2 non-pro's unless they can't afford the primaries. In those cases they've been given jet1's. N my particularly attractive female friends are currently pimpin both E2d's and L1's.
    If it weren't for CPF no girlfriend would believe there are other people into flashlights as much if not more than me.

Flashaholic*

Everyone I know carries Maglites.
    All you need is Maglite.

I ordered Protons for my office luckily they are on the GSA schedule so I got the discount. I have passed on a bunch of JB's and Fenix's and back when of Wayne started the sandwich shoppe I bought a bunch of Sandwiches from him and set up the whole shop with led's. Some are still being carried,I have up graded some of them.
    C
    Chris

Flashaholic

One of my friends carries an L1, with an E2E as his car/backup light. My wife won't carry a light... but then again, I do keep one in her car, and am half tempted to toss my Streamlight Stylus in her purse and just tell her to deal with it. My father in law is a dyed in the wool maglite fan, brother in law is a cop and carries a Streamlight Stinger LED as well as a G2 (and he has been drooling over the Mag85 that I just got, so he might wind up with an ROP high or Mag66/85 as well). I've given Fauxtons to everyone I know, and some of them still carry them - one guy from work even replaced the batteries in his, so I'm half tempted to get him something decent.
    What are your rights and your life worth to you?

Flashaholic*

My friends all carry a burden. And that burden is DARKNESS!!!

kosPap, are you on the Island of Paros?

My friends usually don't carry anything other then fauxtons that I've given to them.

good point can be made of this...at least they carry something that will help them not to stuble when walking....

And I got to add that my father resisted to an AAA flashlight and settled to a Fauxton...(I got to say thanks god on it)

One of my friends was so impressed with my Inova X5t that he went out and got one for himself in black. The rest just poke me when they need a light, or rely on Mags or Dorcys. I keep recommending something decent, but really those do everything they need.

Honestly, for most of my friends, I haven't a clue. I've never asked any of them.

See, my family already thinks I'm nuts with the flashlights, though my mother-in-law and my father have both decided that the LM31's I got them are just about perfect, and my wife dutifully carries the E01 I got her in her purse and tolerates the Huntlight FT02XJ in her car's glovebox. And was very happy to have several lights with different output levels and tints and beam patterns on last year's camping trips. But I digress....

If I asked any of my friends or coworkers if they carried a light, they'd look at me funny. Even "gun guys," who will happily tell other "gun guys" about the piece under their coat, the holster, and how many spare clips they've got tucked away about their person, and then start talking about folding knives, will likely think you're odd if you ask about flashlights, unless you ask them if they're carrying a Surefire. 'Cause those are cool, of course.

I know at least three of my friends though, carry lights in their cars. Two guys who are former cops/public safety/gov't security types carry Surefire 6Ps and Streamlight Scorpions. And I believe an old friend of mine from highschool still has the same 3D Maglite in her car, which she felt made a nice truncheon, in addition to being a pretty good light.
    If we could get everyone in the world to close their eyes and imagine world peace for an hour, think about how serene it would be until the looting started. -Unknown

My mother in law carries a Fenix E01 that i gave her for travelling, my father in law was recently directed to 4sevens so I'm not sure what he bought (if any).

My parents have fauxtons cos they dont want anything larger and they say the E01 messes up my mom's handbag lining and scratches my dad's cellphone, so i gave them a whole bunch of fauxtons so that they'll have replacements when the cells die.

At home, my dad was given a minimag with a niteize drop in and a 3D mag with the stock LED drop in.

My friends? sadly none of them EDC lights except those that i have given fauxtons to.
    兵久而国利者,未之有也。

Wife carries an L0D Q4
    none of my friends carry a light, except 1 coworker has a river rock from target.

1...ONE...co-worker carries a SF C2 and a mini-m@g...that's it. But when I was in the sand box, I got about 5 guys to buy SF's (after they got tired of googling over mine). Every one knows I carry, but the "sane" ones are afriad to ask to use them, cause they know how much they cost...the power went out last year, and I was the ONLY guy to have a light (or 3...or 4...actually, it was 12....

None of my Friends at this point carry any.

I think I am slowly turning them onto the Dreaded Flashlight Disease.

Some still think it's crazy to spend $100.00 plus on 1 Flashlight, having been around when we needed one they now see what all the fuss is about.

The Mrs loves to carry either the WolfEyes Sniper or the Deeree Light.
    Last edited by mmajunkie; 03-12-2009 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast