SolarForce problem

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Solarforce from the group buy and it isn't working. Apparently it needs to be run on a RCR123 3.7v which I don't have. I would assume it would it at least run at a lower level on a primary CR123A but I get nothing.

What I was hoping is that if somebody else has one of these lights, can you try it with just a primary CR123 to see if you get any light. That way I know for sure that it's the battery type and not the light.

I bought the single mode from this buy...
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=191927

kland1234

Newly Enlightened
Just tried it on mine from the same GB; no lightie with primary! I was a little surprised; figured it would work but with dim, but nothing out.
kb

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I appreciate it.

Guess I have to buy some RCR's then.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Maybe its some sort of low voltage cutoff / safety feature? This can be seen as a good or bad thing depending on your preferences.

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Okay I just want to make sure I'm buying the correct stuff since I have no experience with these batteries.

I'm going to be buying from 4Sevens...

1X AW's Dual Bay Fast Charger AW-139 [AW.chg139]
2X AW's RCR123A 750mah [AW123]
1X AW's P14500 (AA size) 750mah [AW14500] - (For my JetBeam-1 MK I.B.S.)

I noticed that the Nano charger specs said "automatically charges them to the level required, will not over-charge cells, will not charge over-discharged cells"

Now will the AW's Dual Bay Fast Charger AW-139 do the same thing or is this the kind where I have to keep an eye on them as they charge?

Also are these cells protected?

saltytri

Enlightened
Though it's possible that not everyone would agree, many seem to feel that the gold standard is a Pila charger with AW cells.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
AW's Dual Bay Fast Charger AW-139 will charge to the proper voltage, and cut off. Plus it is more versatile to charge different type of batteries. Also you are buying protected cells, so you are good either way.

Last edited:

Ecko

Newly Enlightened
Thank you FlashKat, that's all I needed to know.