Another Ti AAA to desire: Horus CT-7

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just when I thought I have quenched my desire for a Ti AAA with great choices like Killer, Mako and Sapphire, I have received news of yet another from Horus when I ordered my FD1.3. :drool:

This Ti AAA have piqued my interest when they showed a squared barrel AAA Ti light in their sales thread in MP, and I have asked Steven from Horus about its development and estimated launch period. So far, he has provided the some info and pic with which I'm excited to share with you guys (with Steven's kind permission):

Here're some specifications provided:

(1) Material: Made of Titanium Alloy (Ti-6Al-4V)
(2) Surface treatment: High polished.
(3) Emitter: Cree 7090 XR-E Q5-WD bin LED
(4) Lens: High degree of hardness artificial sapphire lens with double-sided nanometer waterproof coating.
(5) Switch: Unique Twist switch. (Tighten for OFF, Loosen for Turn-ON) -- Never lost the head part at any time.
(6) Battery: Single AAA (Alkaline, Ni-MH, Lithium) batteries.
(7) Input voltage: 0.8-3.0V
(8) 2 output types: Ultra low (10mAh) and High (200mAh) mode.
(9) Candle mode.
(10) Circuit: High-Efficiency circuit.
(11) Impact and drop-resistant according to US-MIL-STD-810F.
(12) Waterproof: 10 meters / 3.2 feet (Completely pass through the IPX-8 standard)
(13) Dimensions: 66.5mm (Length) x 14.5mm (Head)
(14) Diamond knurling with grooves for maximum grip.
(15) GID/Trit slotted: 2.5mm (Depth) X 6mm (Length) X 1.5mm (Width)
(16) Warranty: Limited Lifetime Global Warranty.

And here's the little fellow:
horusct7.jpg

According to Steven, Russtang (Unique Titanium) will be the first exclusive dealer overseas. Looks like this is going to be another collection I'll be getting from Russ besides my Ti EX10 body. :naughty:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
awww, this is bad. I thought that the LD01 was going to be it for me for AAA sized flashlights and now you show me this. darn it.

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
That looks pretty cool.

The specs sound pretty good. I have never touched a Horus flashlight before, what is the quality of workmanship like?

The 1xAAA Ti flashlights that are coming out are pretty fun to see. More money needed in my wallet. :popcorn:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
When did I have to click on this thread? :banghead:

Okay, I already have the Killer Ti AAA, Ti Sapphire, still need to get the Mako and now this?

He didn't happen to tell you approximately when it's going to be released did he? Looks pretty cool. I'm definitely in for one if the price is reasonable.

funder

Newly Enlightened
Another pic of this light:
20090307_9301ca77345f544b43edyo6N7Kneg0lV.jpg.thumb.jpg

It has no reflector, pure flood.

Personally I would like to wait for the reflector version.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
He didn't happen to tell you approximately when it's going to be released did he? Looks pretty cool. I'm definitely in for one if the price is reasonable.

He said April. ;) And price is very reasonable. VERY.

faco

Enlightened
We have been begging for years to see Ti AAA lights and now we are flooded with them, this is great news. Excellent looking light and the specs are great too.

Hope the price is reasonable and offered with a reflector as an option.

Would also like to see a sturdy clip option as well, would make a perfect work light clipped to a shirt pocket :)

NastyCop

Newly Enlightened
Is that supposed to be a trit slot?

I'm glad I waited around before purchasing the drake. It was just too bulky to me. Can't wait for these.

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Drake and that thing is so big, it's like carrying a brick on my keychain. :crackup:

So it's coming out in April? That's good. I need a little breathing room. Too many Ti AAA in too short of a period.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
must have must have..... please consider this my official request to be on the Waiting (aka: Reserve) list for one Horus Ti AAA .

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just posted at the MP about these.

I am really excited about these. My ARC may get booted from my pocket!