Jet-III Pro ST rebirth with P7 + SMO

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wondered about combining the features of Jetbeam with a modded P7 emitter and had came across a thread by Sabrewolf who modded his some time late last year. So, I requested the same mod on my Jet-III Pro St from him but with a little difference: using SMO.

So far, I have seen most lights with P7 emitters using OP, very few I saw that could answer my curiosity if a SMO can work just as well, P7 being a quad led and all. I also wondered if it will produce a stronger hotspot or if any at all.

After some curbing of excitement and waiting for delivery, here're the results:

Received my Jet in pristine condition
IMG_0001.jpg

SMO in its full glory. No scratches or nicks visible from the front. I'm not sure if Sabrewolf had trimmed the reflector, if he did, it's a perfect job.
IMG_0002.jpg

The rear, clean like it's never been touched. (that didn't sound right :ohgeez:)
IMG_0005.jpg

Following are beam shots of Jet-III Pro ST comparing with a Fenix P3D.

Subject is a window blind, about 5m away in darkness
IMG_0021.jpg

P3D, still a bright and beautiful light.
IMG_0022-1.jpg

Jet-III PRO ST with P7. It lit up the entire room, showing a very soft hotspot, artifacts are not as bad as I feared, just a faint faint projection of the quad led and slightly more obvious rings on the edge of the spill. :huh:
IMG_0023.jpg

Quick shot side-by-side. The quad shadow is slightly more visible here. The beams are not suppose to be creamy, guess it's my cam compensation.
IMG_0024.jpg

The Jet doesn't get hot, at most warm to handle. It also retain all it's features, hi, lo, strobe and IBS Woohoo :laughing: One thing I have to remind myself is not to look at the business end when strobe is engaged. If i did, I'll probably foamed in my mouth and whisper "Sabrewolf.....you...da....man" :faint:

Last edited:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow. Awesome! :thumbsup:

How bright is it at max setting?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
How bright is it at max setting?

Sorry, I don't have any equipment to gauge :shrug:
According to my estimation of "oh"... "Hmm"...."good"..."wow"..."gasp",
it rates at "wasp" :D

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, I don't have any equipment to gauge :shrug:
According to my estimation of "oh"... "Hmm"...."good"..."wow"..."gasp",
it rates at "wasp" :D

:laughing: From 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest ... how painful is it to stare at the light? Once you come up with a number, you multiply it by 7, and you get the estimated lumens.:crackup:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing: From 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest ... how painful is it to stare at the light? Once you come up with a number, you multiply it by 7, and you get the estimated lumens.:crackup:

Ok, thanks for the tip. Well, let's see here..... pain level: 20 and erm... x 7....estimated lumens 140?!?? :confused: Well, if you say so. :thinking:

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, thanks for the tip. Well, let's see here..... pain level: 20 and erm... x 7....estimated lumens 140?!?? :confused: Well, if you say so. :thinking:

Did I say 7? I meant 70. Stupid decimal!

So 20 x 70 = 1,400 wow, that's bright. :naughty: