Any skiers here?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if you guys carry light/knife/tool with you and what/how do you carry them.

I carry a eagletac t10c2 on belt holster, a spyderco military in pants pocket, a wenger ranger 58 in jacket pocket, and sog powerlock with bit adaptor/phillips bit on belt holster. This is for ski at established resort, anything more remote I'd carry a whole lot more.

Last edited:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did'nt this year due to bad conditions, but when I did I always had a Leatherman TTi with me and my SPY005 (would have been a SPY007 this season).

carrot

Flashaholic
When I'm snowboarding I keep a Spyderco Military, Swisstool Spirit, and a favorite lithium-powered flashlight with me. Usually the G2ZL.

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
I'm a "used to be" skier. Never carried anything, but then again, I was usually training for "club" racing - GS and downhill. The coach knew where I was. Carrying something just meant 1 more thing that could hurt me in a fall (caught an inside edge at 60 mph once - interesting fall that was. Got lucky, nothing broken/torn, just brused)

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I usually pocket carry a light [zippered pocket] while downhill skiing. I have no need for tools / knives while skiing. The last time I went, I had a small Jetbeam on a neck lanyard. I would be too afraid of loosing an expensive light to carry it while skiing. During some tumbling falls things go flying everywhere. Simply dropping an object in deep snow can make it disappear.

For cross-country I'll have a light and a pocket knife in a small backpack [Camelbak Mule]

Last edited:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I XC once in a while. It's been a very long time. A light would be a good idea though. I'd probably bring a gdup aleph with a primary in one of the chest pockets on a gore-tex outer. You guy's are killing me, soon I'll be bringing lights on kayak day trips.lovecpf

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a skier, but a snowboarder.

I carry a swiss army knife in my pants pocket and a spyderco para military in my backpack.

For flashlights, I usually bring the ones that I don't care as much. I'll wear a streamlight nanolight as a necklace, novatac 120p in my backpack, a photon micro freedom on the shoulder straps of my backpack. I don't recall ever using my lights when snowboarding. However, I do use them frequently at night around the resort area to check out for icy road, and locating the key hole.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite "sport" after I lost my interest in competitive paintball.

Running around bunkers got old quick.

Snow on the road = not a good day for me. Snow on a mountain = here I come!!

..If I am on a trip. I live in West TN so I only go once a year if I'm lucky. I haven't been lately.

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
Skier here. I only do day-time downhill skiing so there's really no need to carry any lights/tools in my opinion. I only bring my hydration pack and plenty of facial tissue to wipe my nose. :D

Scottiver

Enlightened
Oh yes, I carry quite a bit of survival gear in my Camelback when I ski. Flashlights, spare batteries for everything, Leatherman juice, FRS radio, space blanket sleeping bag, first aid kit, fire starting kit, tea candles, small deck of cards, couple of power bars and a small flask of whiskey.
If I ever have to spend the night out there, I want to be stylin' in my snow cave. :candle:

Last edited: