Anyone on the forums that can support/fix my POB?

zeeter82

Newly Enlightened
I've tried fixing my POB myself. I bought some new bulbs and checked connections, but that's about the limit of my electrical/light knowledge. Just wondering if there is anyone on the forum (and in USA) that I could ship my light to so they can take a look at it and possibly fix it at a reasonable cost (I paid about $75 for the light).

My battery status lights light up. I can get all 4 to light. The HID doesn't turn on though and I don't hear any noises at all of it trying to turn on.

If I can't get this thing fixed I'll probably just throw it away and save up for an L35 (which I planned on doing anyways). Would hate to lose a light though, especially one as fun as this one has been.

Thanks
Stephen

BVH

Flashaholic
The problem is that you're probably going to spend $40.00 in two-way shipping just to get it to a destination and back. Let's assume a ballast has failed. There's probably another $30.00 or more spent. You'd be better off spending the money towards the L35 or spending the same amount replacing your POB and have some spare parts to boot. You could also consider the new N30's. If you lived near me, I'd look at it for nothing.

zeeter82

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and bought the one from nikon, but I would still like to know where to get the 50watt ballast/bulb combo for around $40