Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rala

Newly Enlightened
I was browsing the automotive section at Walmart the other day when I came across two new Stanley spotlights. One was the H.I.D.3000 for $70 and the other was a 1365 Lumen Halogen for $30. I went to the Stanley site and neither shows up. They also have a fairly small spotlight saying its about 500+ lumens. Anyone else seen these or have any info?

I have photos, but I can't upload them at work. :shrug:

Richie086

Enlightened
Re: New Stanley H.I.D. and 1365 lumen spotlights

I was browsing the automotive section at Walmart the other day when I came across two new Stanley spotlights. One was the H.I.D.3000 for $70 and the other was a 1365 Lumen Halogen for $30.

Do you have a link?

rala

Newly Enlightened

My google-fu shows nothing. No images, no links, no nothing. They both have similar setups to this B&D model tho. Not meaning that they're a rebadge of this, just similar setup. ie.- pistol grip.

BDKSL102B.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Funny that there's not info about it on line. $70 for an HID is a good price any way ya look at it. You might have to pick one up and review it for us. ;)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

I went and found one this morning at Walmart. Somebody was thinking "outside the box" when they designed this light. Other than the 3ah SLA battery (1 hour runtime) and 8,000K bulb, this light ROCKS.

Unfortunately, I just lost 3 pages of written review, so I guess I'll just have to start all over again after diner. Now that it's dark, I might as well do some beam shots.

Look for my review later tonight

Edit : The 1 hour runtime is an error
The runtime should be at least 30 minutes, about 45 minutes on low

Last edited:

Richie086

Enlightened

I went and found one this morning at Walmart. Somebody was thinking "outside the box" when they designed this light. Other than the 3ah SLA battery (1 hour runtime) and 8,000K bulb, this light ROCKS.

It would really rock if it used a standard automotive bulb like the POB that can easily be switched out for something that would actually put out super warm lumens. Man, that 8000k sounds real frigid :eek:

Patriot

Flashaholic

Mr TB, you sound fairly impressed. I'll look forward for your review. Sorry that the first one was lost.

BVH

Flashaholic

Whenever I'm going to write more than a mid-length paragraph, I compose it in WORD, then paste it into my new post. Lost too much in the past!

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

had to do honey do, so no written review tonight. however i give you a qucik glimpse L35, followed by STANLEY
l35stan.jpg

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hmmm... Guess that's one more item on my shopping list for the weekend. I figured my first HID would be a POB, but this is about the same price and I won't have to plan on replacing the battery right off.

:hitit:

Patriot

Flashaholic

It doesn't look too large in size. Big shadow from the electrode wire.

I'm eager to see more.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast

How heavy is this light? SLA + pistol grip combo isn't the best for longer runtimes IMHO. But, the price/output combo certainly is impressive.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Stanley is just a bit larger than N30/L35. The unit weighs in at 4lbs 8.7 oz according to the post office scale.
In the photo, I have the pistol "upside down" to fit the tripod platform so normally the shadow would be at the 12 o'clock position and nearly as noticeable. I'll have all kinds of pics, just can't do it from my iPhone

Unit was found in the automotive section but beware, it was stocked behind other lights and I naearl missed it

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Jeff,

What color temp would you say that is? It appears 7000k to me. Great photos and a killer price for an HID.

Funny you should ask. I called the distributor twice yesterday, VERY nice people (wait for my review). They could not tell me the temp, but I it is 8,000K:naughty: ( I voided the warranty :green:)

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am tied up with kids basketball this morning, so no review till after lunch, but in the meantime.... a quiz.

How many wires does a ballast have?
a) 4
b) 6
c) 8
d) 10

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am tied up with kids basketball this morning, so no review till after lunch, but in the meantime.... a quiz.

How many wires does a ballast have?
a) 4
b) 6
c) 8
d) 10

I'd say normally a

bet this one has b

dang, been to walmart three days in a row, now 4 :sick2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts