Going Mod Crazy !

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whats with this moding ?

I moded one flashy to Cree and now Im already planning 2 more .

I own a twisty CR123A EDC , I got some more [Tail clickers], and suddenly the old twisty is not good enough .

The old twisty is going to become a Q5 5 mode !!!

How do you put the brakes on ?????
:thinking:

allburger

Enlightened
Keep going until you run out of money or it isn't fun anymore.

I am the same way. For me, I check dx and kd every day just to get inspired. Today I was trying to figure out what I could do with those red cree led's...It's the silly stuff that i don't really need that makes me interested.

Do I really 2 ssc p7 maglite??? No.. In fact I don't even NEED 1, but i sure like it.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah , I see an old flashlight now , and its like , Hmmm , I wonder how I could mod that .
lovecpf

I dont need SSC P7 power , but im waiting for a P4 cree , to mod the terralux unit , in my 3D Maglite , then the 6D ?? Hmmm , Q5 maybe . and a 2 mode driver .

And Im looking for another Energizer Double barrel to mod :ohgeez: , my first one being mostly flood , id like to do one with a bit of throw .

Then Im looking at my 18650 / 2 x CR123A Romisen , and wondering if a Cree MC-E is going to work in that body . And Im looking at the MC-E drop in and wondering if it would work ok in my Solarforce ....

Ooh Dear !

allburger

Enlightened
just a word of advice, the cree q5's will not be all that impressive with the maglite reflector. This is due to the shape of the reflector and the angle that light emits off of the cree led. The ssc p4's have a much wider emitting angle and form a good balance of throw and flood, while the crees produce a small hotspot. I find that the cree in a maglite reflector is somewhat useless compared to the ssc equivelant.

boomhauer

Banned
just a word of advice, the cree q5's will not be all that impressive with the maglite reflector. This is due to the shape of the reflector and the angle that light emits off of the cree led. The ssc p4's have a much wider emitting angle and form a good balance of throw and flood, while the crees produce a small hotspot. I find that the cree in a maglite reflector is somewhat useless compared to the ssc equivelant.

The Cree Q5 looks like one of the nicest Mag drop-ins; I'm strongly considering it with an aspherical lens.

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a DX P60 style R2 drop in , + a Ultrafire 501 ...

I was sitting here thinking ,,,, I wonder if I can drop the old 501 unit into my Romisen RL-B7 ... :whistle:

Gee , Eeeeer , it actually worked ...:oops:

:thinking:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

SSC p4 , Hmmmm . I will just have to wait and see how this first mod goes , im planning on using the original stock reflector so as to keep it adjustable .

I might try one just to see . Thanks .