PK Design Lab
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Flashaholic

Default I hates the waiting for my precious....

Just ordered my first lummi (raw NS)... and now I must wait. I hate the waiting at least I've gotten a lot of new toys lately, but nothing as nice as this light will be
    Novatac 120e, E05, L1d/2D ce, Raw NS, D10, so many others...

Default Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Yep, I hear you! I'm waiting for mine too. I've heard of some guys getting theirs in less than a week, and others having to wait a while longer . Hang in there, we'll get through this together!

Oh yeah, It's my first Lummi as well.

I'm "impatiently" waiting for my wee and raw too (coz of the blue trits)...

Flashaholic

I thought about waiting on blue trits, but that's what I see the most of on here. Plus all my other Trits are green, so I went with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ousanas View Post
    Just ordered my first lummi (raw NS)... and now I must wait. I hate the waiting at least I've gotten a lot of new toys lately, but nothing as nice as this light will be
    Just be thankful you're not living on the exact opposite polar co-ordinates of UK.

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

i bought my AL.. hmm on 18th of february.

and still waiting for it. hope it has been sent already.

I'm waiting for a wee ti with blue trits since 3 months ago, this is like the eternity.....

In led we trust

Flashaholic

yeah, that's part of the reason I didn't want to wait for blue trits.. I know how I am I'm good with green heh. Hopefully it will only be a couple of weeks instead of a month, but we'll see.

Ousanas, well, I want to have a variety of trit colours and I feel blue fits the raw nicely.
    It's pretty cool to be able to identify your lights just by looking at the trits.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Just be thankful you're not living on the exact opposite polar co-ordinates of UK.
    where exactly? I'm not in the exact opposite but pretty darn far anyway.
    Last edited by MetalZone; 03-18-2009 at 04:19 AM.

Flashaholic

yeah, I considered getting the white trits for that reason as well. But the only trit stuff I have anymore is my keychain, my watch, and one (of the 3 I put in) in my Spydie D4W... So i'll know exactly what it is

Flashaholic*

Ok got news from Lummi.

batteries not yet there. they maybe get them after 25th!

*cencored!,, no seriously *&#U###!!!!!*

if i had known this the moment they knew it i would of ordered batteries elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    Ok got news from Lummi.

batteries not yet there. they maybe get them after 25th!
    So THAT's the problem. I was beginning to wonder if it may have been an issue like that, as I wasn't waiting for trits on mine. Oh well, stay tuned I guess.

Flashaholic

yeah, the website didn't say that raw batteries were outta stock oh well, I shall persevere.

huh i just placed an order for a raw ns and a wee ns last night. passed on the trit so hopefully i'll get em sooner.

then again, anticipation can be better than the result... hmm

nope. not in this case. the sooner the better.

Hi,
    I payed my first Lummi RAW NS on Dez. 8.2008. There is not a long distance from UK to Germany, but I'm still waiting
    This should be my first Lummi, but I'm not sure, if it arrive me this year before chrismas

Jens

My Wee Ti took a few months since I had some custom work done, but the wait was wel worth it!

Noooooo!!

We hatesss waitingggg!!

Prrecioussss musssst commeeeee... Nowwwww!!

*Cries..*

Whyyy..

*Staring at the mailbox (even though the order hasn't been shipped)*

Quote Originally Posted by YuccaPatrol View Post
    My Wee Ti took a few months since I had some custom work done, but the wait was wel worth it!
    YuccaPatrol: Hey! What kind of custom work did you have done?

Thanks,
    Mike

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by polkiuj View Post
    Noooooo!!

We hatesss waitingggg!!

Prrecioussss musssst commeeeee... Nowwwww!!

*Cries..*

Whyyy..

*Staring at the mailbox (even though the order hasn't been shipped)*
    My thoughts exactly... it's only been like 9 days since I ordered it, and I just keep hoping for a random surprise in the mailbox LOL!!!

Mine's due to ship end of March... Evil little tritiums... =(

Quote Originally Posted by Ousanas View Post
    My thoughts exactly... it's only been like 9 days since I ordered it, and I just keep hoping for a random surprise in the mailbox LOL!!!

Talking Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

I've been waiting on my blue & green trint Ag Wee. I'm cool with that.
    The Ns and Wee's in stock usually ship sooner.
    If you would like an immediate answer without emailing, he does have a phone and will take calls. I called him this week; he's a good guy.

While he speaks perfect English, and after listening to him I am not sure what language we speak in the USA. I felt like a "non English speaker" attempting to communicate with a native English speaker.

I have memories of the outstanding quality portrayed on "Wilkenson British Steel Razor blade" TV commercials. Those centuries of "metalurgy science"
    show in such exquisite creations as the Orb, Raw, Ns and Wee!

As soon as somebody at Buckingham Palace becomes a "flash a holic", someday hopefully he will be known as "Sir Robert of Orb".

Jolly good show old chap
    His contributions to LED technology are most praiseworthy

The wait is soooooooooooo worth it!!
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by TKC View Post
    The wait is soooooooooooo worth it!!

I'm sure it will be. I am just too impatient It's worse when I can stop home and check for the mail a few times a day if I want too. Even when I KNOW it's not coming yet, I still keep checking and hoping

Sigh, for those of you waiting for LUMMI RAW (all kinds):

"
    Hello,
    Unfortunately the batteries have been further delayed.
    These are now set to dispatch to me on Friday (Tomorrow) this week.
    I expect them to arrive with me by the 6th April.
    Again I apologies for the delays which have been beyond my direct control.
    It will be much appreciated for you to continue to be patient with us at this time.
    Kind Regards
    Rob @ Lummi

"

*smacks head*

Rob's communication has been good, and the torch is going to be amazing, but his website needs to reflect ACTUAL STOCK. I specifically configured my order to ship as soon as possible (white trits instead of blue, NS instead of something more exotic, not that I'm unhappy with those choices).

You're a crazy man Rob, you sell such amazing products, are very friendly, from what I read generous, you are well liked, but it seems that you really drop the ball on supply lines and ship dates! In my case, it could have all been made easier if I understood the batteries were not in stock, which you knew when I ordered, but didn't mention till I enquired about delays. Same again when the batteries were held up, I had to bug you after another deadline had expired before I found out, leaving this sense that if I DON'T email, I'd never know?

Fix it and I will personally make it my mission to get 5 of my friends to buy one of your torches, because the torches themselves are an easy sell!

Flashaholic*

Au Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

koopa.. that is just seriously fked up!

thanks for informing this. as it seems lummi dont care enough to do it himself.

as again, i didnt get any email of this delay.

and i was CERTAIN the light would be shipped this week as there had been already two delays with the batteries.

and now one more again?

i am more and more supporting the idea of lummi changing ALL the drivers/lights to work with cr2 or cr123s (primaries and rechargables) -speciality battery is a pain in butt if there is months delay in getting them.

when i first got the news of original delay (in february) i asked for batteries elsewhere..and they did have them but the shipping time was 6-8 days and Rob promised that he would have them in 10 days and ship the light then.

so i voided that option in favor of lummi. BIG mistake in retrospect.

and then came another delay to 25th (yesterday). by the time i heard of that delay (by asking, not by him informing me) the batteries were also sold out from the other location.

and sold out also in every other location i know that has had them.

and now its 6th of next month?

..and after that has passed it probably changes to 25th april.. or june?

if im this annoyed waiting this long.. i cant imagine what ichoderso feels like if hes waited since december. i think after 6 months of waiting is full, full refund is in order and free light should be shipped when ever it is finished. HAH

To Lummi:

1. update everything in the webpage to the actual status. if something is not available let us know! webpage is updated 20th march and there is still no mention of there is no batteries available. havent been batteries for over month. plenty of time to update that info to the webpage frontpage. dont have people order and pay for things that cannot be shipped within reasonable timeframe. (to me personally, that was 2 weeks)

2. inform customers of changes of delivery times, delays, etc. automatically.

3. and consider seriously to change the design to accomodate more common batterytypes if the supply of the special ones is limited or as untrustworthy as it seems to currently be.

Flashaholic*

Buttrock Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Me just found AW updating his sales thread.. 14250s are in stock!

ordered 2.

just waiting for reply from AW and then email lummi to send my raw without battery.

[quote=NonSenCe;2893828]Me just found AW updating his sales thread.. 14250s are in stock!

Awesome dude, lifesaver!

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho....php?p=2288998

I've done the same!

Flashaholic

let me know how those emails with rob and aw come out, cuz if I can get my light here faster by having the batteries sent later, I'm down for that. I just ordered a couple extra 14250's from aw anyway to have them so no big deal either way.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    koopa.. that is just seriously fked up!

thanks for informing this. as it seems lummi dont care enough to do it himself.

as again, i didnt get any email of this delay.

and i was CERTAIN the light would be shipped this week as there had been already two delays with the batteries.

and now one more again?

i am more and more supporting the idea of lummi changing ALL the drivers/lights to work with cr2 or cr123s (primaries and rechargables) -speciality battery is a pain in butt if there is months delay in getting them.

when i first got the news of original delay (in february) i asked for batteries elsewhere..and they did have them but the shipping time was 6-8 days and Rob promised that he would have them in 10 days and ship the light then.

so i voided that option in favor of lummi. BIG mistake in retrospect.

and then came another delay to 25th (yesterday). by the time i heard of that delay (by asking, not by him informing me) the batteries were also sold out from the other location.

and sold out also in every other location i know that has had them.

and now its 6th of next month?

..and after that has passed it probably changes to 25th april.. or june?

if im this annoyed waiting this long.. i cant imagine what ichoderso feels like if hes waited since december. i think after 6 months of waiting is full, full refund is in order and free light should be shipped when ever it is finished. HAH

To Lummi:

1. update everything in the webpage to the actual status. if something is not available let us know! webpage is updated 20th march and there is still no mention of there is no batteries available. havent been batteries for over month. plenty of time to update that info to the webpage frontpage. dont have people order and pay for things that cannot be shipped within reasonable timeframe. (to me personally, that was 2 weeks)

2. inform customers of changes of delivery times, delays, etc. automatically.

3. and consider seriously to change the design to accomodate more common batterytypes if the supply of the special ones is limited or as untrustworthy as it seems to currently be.

I agree with you nonsence, i'm still waiting since january!! and 2 months later when i though my wee was be shipped, rob said me blue trits are out of stock , i ordered wee ti blue trits and some spare parts, batteries included, and i don't see the day they arrived to me, i asked rob today...
    Last edited by Daylight; 03-27-2009 at 05:11 AM.
    In led we trust

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast