LA Police Gear
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Default Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    As I've mentioned, not out to damage any reputation, just wish for some straight answers and hoping you see it from our perspective.

I always thought you know my name through my orders and correspondences.
    I ordered Wee Ti and Raw Al. Shaun from Singapore.
    I thought it was Shaun from Singapore I just needed conformation.
    As you well know I had already dispatched your order, but unfortunately this has not arrived.
    I have promised to resend your order as I do.
    Just wanted to clarify that your order was in fact sent but appears lost in the postal services.
    www.Lummi.co.uk
    Email (No Pm's) Please lummii@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by orb View Post
    I thought it was Shaun from Singapore I just needed conformation.
    As you well know I had already dispatched your order, but unfortunately this has not arrived.
    I have promised to resend your order as I do.
    Just wanted to clarify that your order was in fact sent but appears lost in the postal services.
    Yup, it's me. You did update me that you'd sent my orders and promised to resend them, which I've thanked you for. Imagine all those wait to end it with a lost mail?

I'm sure you have proof of postage but without tracking number, I can't trace it from my PO. And in all honesty, I never had any lost mails in my 11 years of online purchases and I wish I know what went wrong in the delivery. Will they return to the sender? Was my address correct? Will it appear months later? are some of the questions that crossed my mind. In the end, I guess I'm kind of tired of the wait and just accepted your gracious offer for a resend. I've also stated that should both packages turn up, I will return one of them. Sorry I didn't realise you need more time since you didn't reply to my last email...

Maybe some customs inspector opened it to check the contents and decided he'd better retain it for further study.

If my orders weren't being shipped from one country that I know respects personal privacy and property to another that also does, there's no way in hell I would send something like a Lummi flashlight through the mail; I would use UPS, or DHL, or whatever else was available. No matter how much extra it costs to ship that way, it can't cost as much as a whole new flashlight.
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 09-14-2009 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Maybe some customs inspector opened it to check the contents and decided he'd better retain it for further study.
    Never happened, even so, I'm sure it'll take a second for him to know it's a flashlight. Besides, I received a Raw NS, Raw Orb and God knows how many other lights (in all shapes and sizes) with no problem in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    If my orders weren't being shipped from one country that I know respects personal privacy and property to another that also does, there's no way in hell I would send something like a Lummi flashlight through the mail; I would use UPS, or DHL, or whatever else was available. No matter how much extra it costs to ship that way, it can't cost as much as a whole new flashlight.
    Agree. So far, none of my parcels are inspected, well, as far as I can tell. Both country's POs have good track records, it's not like we're sending to some isolated town in northern Russia. Perhaps it's my negligence for failing to realise Lummi didn't include tracking as part of the delivery, but I wonder if it would make any difference if I had since my last purchase from Lummi and other UK sellers (like London Lad) was delivered without a hitch.
    Last edited by Zeruel; 09-14-2009 at 06:02 PM.

Flashaholic*

Need I remind everyone that at the moment the UK postal service is being repeatedly crippled by strikes. I have had packages delayed quite a bit by this. This also affects outgoing international mail!

Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post
    Need I remind everyone that at the moment the UK postal service is being repeatedly crippled by strikes. I have had packages delayed quite a bit by this. This also affects outgoing international mail!
    Backlog due to strike is two million packages and letters at present - a package sent to me from another UK city last week first class has yet to reach me.

Talk about bad timing!!!

Flashaholic

Rob just responded to me. Looks like my lights won't be nearing the picket lines before October.

Wow, just when we thought things would turn around.
    Then again, it DOES give Rob a good excuse to go "on vacation" (maybe the strike hasn't spread across the rest of Europe yet).

Quote Originally Posted by zipplet View Post
    Unbelievable in today's economy! Although I don't know the specifics, people should be thankful to have a job. No raises for me this past year, lots of attrition around me too. I couldn't imagine striking.
    Last edited by EngrPaul; 09-18-2009 at 03:22 AM.

Woohoo!

This just arrived in the post 30 mins ago! haha.

worth my 4-months wait!

Congrats man!
    So it seems the end may be in sight after all.

I did manage to get some orders out last week & this week. Mostly those who ordered the Neutral option.
    It remains a slow but steady process & unfortunately will be set back next week as I will be away.
    Worth a mention that this is not a holiday.
    I will be trying to keep on top of emails whilst away & will be back on the 28th Sept.

I have had a good number of supportive emails regarding this thread which are much appreciated.
    www.Lummi.co.uk

[edit]

Information regarding my purchase eperience has been posted here instead:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=200269

[/edit]
    Last edited by EngrPaul; 09-20-2009 at 06:39 AM.

It's great to see that progress is made. Enjoy your mini pocket rocket(s), Nightstalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker1993 View Post
    Woohoo!

This just arrived in the post 30 mins ago! haha.

worth my 4-months wait!

Btw, Nightstalker, what's your order?

Btw, Nightstalker, what's your order?
    Nightstalker had a Wee NS with Neutral LED.
    www.Lummi.co.uk

The 100 lumens version to be exact

can't turn it on more than 2-3 minutes, else it gets too hot to hold!

oh well, rarely use it for more than 30 seconds anyway. lol.

Anyway, greetings from Malaysia!

currently serving as a necklace, a WOW light, and a light when i'm searching for stuff in my bag.

battery life ain't a problem for me as i bring the spare batt wherever i go

Enlightened

Rob, it's good to hear from you here since you didn't reply to my last email. That's the case, I shall also be as forthright in this thread as well, in replying to your post directly below...

I think it's better you reply here so that all affected parties know what's going on instead of second guessing.

What's that time frame and when will it happen? There was a lot of broken promises. So, how in the world, can we confirm "this is accurate & will happen"?

That we do understand and empathize, that's why we have the patience to wait for more than half a year. But Rob, when will it end?

I'm pretty understanding up till this point as you've read my correspondences with you. I didn't vent nor was I rude, I was very thankful to you each time you promise delivery eventhough it didn't happen every time. We love your stuff and had great dealings with you in the past (or we'll not order in the first place, isn't it?). Any lesser person would definitely get a Jeer. But the fact of the matter is our deliveries are not met and it doesn't instill confidence since the deadline is variable. To make matter worse, as EngrPaul has mentioned, we noticed you are actively doing other stuff like new projects, blog as such instead of settling old orders. How would you feel in our shoes?

I'm not sure about the rest, but I'm willing to wait a bit more simply because we have come so far already... And also in hope that very soon we have happy endings, all deliveries met and we continue to enjoy our time with you here.

I understand your predicament, some of which you have no control over. That's why we waited. I'm a business owner myself, so I understand in the real business world, clients don't give a damn if your supplier let you down behind the scene. They want delivery, on time. Period. It's brutal, if I'm not as good as my word, they'll bring their business elsewhere, for good.

As much as I see that you're a victim of circumstances, we are the real victims here. Any frustration you witness here is the result:
    A) ordering stuff on your site which stated they are available but it turned out not to be
    B) Told there has to be delay caused by lack of trits
    C) After the wait of trits, then told there'll be further delay caused by the lack of batts
    D) After the wait for batts, then told there'll be delay because you need time off with family
    E) Promises of delivery that never happen.
    So, as humans, do you think our frustration is justified? Any "damage" if you called it, is the by-product of it.

I hope you don't see this post as provocative or "damaging", I'm only trying to state the situation in a matter-of-fact and open manner. That said, I still have a little faith left to wait a bit more. Please keep us updated here in a way we see results. Thanks.
    Not sure if this is only for certain countries, but I had my order placed in April 09, and despite repetitive assurance from Rob of shipments in prior months, no receipt of goods yet. How much faith should one have in a standard "order, pay and deliver" order?

Quote Originally Posted by dyschan View Post
    Not sure if this is only for certain countries, but I had my order placed in April 09, and despite repetitive assurance from Rob of shipments in prior months, no receipt of goods yet. How much faith should one have in a standard "order, pay and deliver" order?
    For Lummi products, only Rob can tell.
    I'm still waiting for mine.

Enlightened

Do you think he will deliver, or just an attempt where sales/marketing promised and don't deliver, or in this case, still trying to deliver after repetitive promises? when did you place your order?

Dyschan, I have made numerous recent posts regarding delays & answer many emails everyday in the same reference.
    I have a long standing good reputation here & always deliver my product.
    I am asking for customers who are waiting to bear with me a while longer whilst I can get enough components together & dispatch all current back orders.
    I am pulling the situation together & October will see many back orders delivered.
    www.Lummi.co.uk

I placed my order on April 14. Rob does answer email in a very timely manner despite the problems with delivery this year. In his last email to me he indicated that early October would be a realistic time frame. Although I am frustrated too since I would certainly love to see my Raw and Wee in my possession; personally, I think we ought to cut him some more slack--through October and see what happens. I'm sure there are many people in this position who are willing to wait because of the high quality and excellent pricing of his nearly unique products.

Quote Originally Posted by dyschan View Post
    Do you think he will deliver, or just an attempt where sales/marketing promised and don't deliver, or in this case, still trying to deliver after repetitive promises? when did you place your order?
    My order was placed in February although there's an issue of lost delivery.

dyschan, I suggest you have a little more patience and wait through Oct. This issue you have brought up had been brought up before, and Rob has promised settlement in October. I feel the wait is coming to an end this time... true or not, we need just to wait a little while longer to find out.

Flashaholic

Yay, October is here and full of promise.

I wouldn't mind the wait so much if I had been told about it, even hinted. I know some of you have waited a LOT longer than I have, and I'm amazed at your patience.

I emailed Rob prior to ordering and asked if the Raw SS would be available without too much delay, and was promised a turnaround time of within 7 days after order. (If I had known this might be up to 6+ months delay I'm almost positive I would not have ordered).

The auto email I get after ordering lists 10-15 days turnaround. Fine, I wait 2 weeks and email another inquiry. Item is on backorder with no expected turnaround other than "September will see a big improvement on getting all back orders dispatched."

September is gone, and no email.

I'm not angry or anything, just annoyed. I hatesssesss the waiting. My preciouuuuss...

Unenlightened

Hi all,
    i am a flashaholic from Germany. I ordered 2 Raw NS at 05.06.2009 and i am still waiting. I have no Problem to wait if i get this info before i place my Order. I get 4 Mails with the promise "We deliver in 10-15 days", but i get no lights till today.
    Best Regards
    Stefan

Enlightened

I've been debating whether to post my latest experience with Rob, and finally decided that I'd want to read it if I were considering a purchase, so here it is. I'd put it in the Jeer thread, but it annoys me to have to create another account for Marketplace.

June 21... I ordered a Raw Ti, batteries and clips. Since I had purchased a Raw and Wee NS combo in the past, I was aware of possible battery holdups, so I emailed Rob and asked to be mailed the lights and I would get the batteries from AW or elsewhere. Rob replied that he'd mail the order without batteries and charger "this week".

June 30... A week later I inquired again since I hadn't received an email indicating that it had shipped. Rob replied that he was hoping the batteries would have arrived so he could ship the whole order. I said I'd rather not wait; he replied that he'd ship the Raw Ti "this week".

July 7... Another inquiry. Rob replies that he'd dispatch the Raw Ti "later today". I emailed a few days later since I hadn't gotten an email saying it was mailed, and Rob replied that he had dispatched the Raw Ti and the batteries and chargers were due in "next week".

July 26... I emailed Rob that I hadn't yet received the Raw Ti; the previous order had only taken about 10 days. I also asked if the batteries and charger had shipped. Rob replied that we should wait a total of 4 weeks before deciding the shipment had been lost. He didn't mention the batteries or charger.

August 11... I emailed Rob telling him I was going on holiday through the end of August and if the Raw Ti hadn't shown up by my return I'd like a Raw Ti resent. I also asked about the batteries. He replied that he'd resend the shipment at that point if I hadn't received it, and that he hadn't shipped the batteries until he had heard from me.

August 30... No package, so I requested the order be resent, with batteries, charger and clip as ordered. Rob said he'd mail it "during this week".

September 7... I finally give up and ask that Rob refund my payment if he is unable to send the package by the end of this week.

September 11... Rob emails me that he dispatched the order. I replied asking if the batteries, charger and clip was included. Rob replies that the whole order was included, except for the Raw SS clip which is "due in soon". That makes me want to weep.

September 22... I received the Raw Ti (absolutely beautiful) and emailed Rob that I had received it. I asked about when the Raw clip would ship and received an auto-response that Rob was on vacation.

At this point (October 8) I'm very happily EDCing the Raw Ti using a clip from my Raw NS. I absolutely love the Lummi products that I have, but I don't anticipate ordering anything further given the frustrating experience. Hopefully I'll receive the Raw SS clip at some point.

I notice that this is not a new issue. Check out the thread called Raw NS Ship Time.

Flashaholic

Has anyone received a dispatch email yet this month?

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by spyderknut View Post
    Has anyone received a dispatch email yet this month?
    not yet; ordered Wee Ti in March; just sent reminder to Rob; he's always been very responsive to my emails.