Foxfury Scout
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Default Re: I hates the waiting for my precious....

Ok, today Rob has said me iceblue trits for my wee ti will be in stock on the 10th April, new delay...i hope this is the last wait
    In led we trust

Flashaholic*
    below polar circle.. in country which used to make nokia phones.

and i got news that rob sends my AL (without battery) on monday.

great news.

if everything goes right, i might be able to play with it in the end of next week then

Hi,
    Thank you. Your order will be dispatched to you today.

Kind Regards
    Rob @ www.Lummi.co.uk

Sent at 8:34am (London time) on Saturday 29th March. W00t! I presume post offices over there are open on weekends, ours aren't!

Only annoying thing is that he doesn't have the battery chargers in stock, so I'm going to have to manually charge the other batteries I bought with a timer and lab power supply (there goes the neighbourhood) :P

I read on a forum that ppl are successfully using CR2 primaries in RAW, but that at 3.0V, you only get 50 lumens max? Maybe a 3.6V lithium thionyl chloride battery would do the trick?

Quote Originally Posted by koopa View Post
    Hi,
    I read on a forum that ppl are successfully using CR2 primaries in RAW, but that at 3.0V, you only get 50 lumens max? Maybe a 3.6V lithium thionyl chloride battery would do the trick?
    The current generation of Raw uses a 14250 unprotected rechargable not RCR2 or CR2, they will not fit into the current Raw NS, Ti or AL. Saft makes a primary 14250 but I have not tried them so I can't really comment on their viability as a alternative to the rechargeable. The older style RAW uses the CR2 and RCR2 and yes it is not as bright using primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by olrac View Post
    The current generation of Raw uses a 14250 unprotected rechargable not RCR2 or CR2, they will not fit into the current Raw NS, Ti or AL. Saft makes a primary 14250 but I have not tried them so I can't really comment on their viability as a alternative to the rechargeable. The older style RAW uses the CR2 and RCR2 and yes it is not as bright using primaries.
    Hi Koopa,

As Olrac mentioned the current Raws use a 14250. A CR2 (15270) will not fit (the first 2 numbers are the diameter of the battery in mm, the second two are the length in mm). I use this charger or you can also use the Nano charger (You will need to use the small magnetic spacers with either one that Rob provides with the light). I highly recommend you pick up one of them. Here's a picture to illustrate Olac's point:

Cheers,
    Steve

From L to R: CR2 Raw, Raw Al (14250), CR2 Primary, CR2 Rechargeable (RCR2), 14250 Primary, 14250 Rechargeable
    Last edited by Steve L; 03-29-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Flashaholic*

steve l: have you tested that Saft primary..? does it work in raw? with limited output only?

-just curious if one could use one in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by NonSenCe View Post
    steve l: have you tested that Saft primary..? does it work in raw? with limited output only?

-just curious if one could use one in a pinch.
    Hi NonSenCe,

It works Great, but with a lower output. I'm saving it for an emergency.

Best Wishes,
    Steve

Flashaholic*

cool. as i know those are available locally. for insane price but could get one as backup battery if needed.

and no, i dont think i need my raw to run on high.

about 20lm should plenty for such an tiny light for things i intend to use it.

thats why i chose 20/100 option. runtime is better on high if i happen to need it, and output should still be more than enough.

its going to be backup light/formal occasions toy/summertime small lightweight torch.

(that is if it doesnt turn on by "itself" on my pocket)
    Last edited by NonSenCe; 03-29-2009 at 07:14 AM. Reason: typious crrocted

Enlightened

I had to cut away the plastic wrapper (label) from around the Saft battery in order to make it fit my 20/200 NS Raw. Not a problem since I carry it as a backup battery instead of the charger when traveling. However, the output appears to be cut by more than 50% when using a primary battery.

Flashaholic

hmmm... I've got an Ultrafire WF-139 charger for my rcr123's, I hear that works on the 14250's... I've got AW 14250's on the way, and you guys have had good luck with your lights getting sent, perhaps it's time to email rob and see what we can get accomplished.
    Novatac 120e, E05, L1d/2D ce, Raw NS, D10, so many others...

Flashaholic*

i thought that wf139 was too powerful (too many milliamps of charging wasnt it 450-500mah?)

wf138 was supposed to be safer. (250mah?)

so it says in AWs thread in marketplace.

edit: i ordered Nano charger for my raw from DX on 18th and it arrived on 27th. (actually shipped in 1-3 days! a first from dx)
    Last edited by NonSenCe; 03-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.

I've been using the wf-139 with 14250 and 10180 batteries for a couple of years with absolutely no problems

Flashaholic

so now I'm just waiting for an email back from rob about getting my raw shipped without the batts and/or charger.

Quote Originally Posted by CaveDude View Post
    Yep, I hear you! I'm waiting for mine too. I've heard of some guys getting theirs in less than a week, and others having to wait a while longer . Hang in there, we'll get through this together!

Oh yeah, It's my first Lummi as well.
    You never forget your first Lummi, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Daylight View Post
    I'm waiting for a wee ti with blue trits since 3 months ago, this is like the eternity.....

Blame the tritium manufacturer. Ice-blue has been out of stock everywhere for months.

Flashaholic

welp, talked to robb, just gonna wait til the 10th, when things should be in stock, since he wouldn't be able to get it out til the 6th at the earliest anyway, might as well wait a few more days and get it all at once I hope.

Flashaholic*

it came. ha haa. it came. hi hi. its cool he hee and small hah hah haa.. they are coming to take me away ha ha!

it weighs basically NOTHING! and lights the room great!

well worth the weight already.

(even with batteries that are under 4.0v.. lil hickup with charging)

Flashaholic

congrats, I'm jealous.... oh well, in a couple weeks mine should be here!!!

And mine too, i hope...
    In led we trust

Waiting for something is okay with me. Actually it is part of the fun.
    What I don't like at all is to be left in the dark.

You order, get a confirmation that it will ship in a few days and then comm goes down it seems.
    Now, that might work if you buy something for only a few $$, but if you shell out serious money like on these lights, the least that I would expect is some info on what to expect and some progress updates.

I seriously love the lights Orb makes, but he should work on his comm skills. That would keep his customers a lot happier and make the wait easier.

Just my 2 cents though...

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Beep View Post
    Waiting for something is okay with me. Actually it is part of the fun.
    What I don't like at all is to be left in the dark.
    Exactly! Like, it wouldn't have annoyed me one BIT to have been told I would have to wait 2 months for this custom light, if they had a little graph bar of completion on the website, a little graphic of an airplane delivering it, kinda thing, so you could sense the progress. That would make it MORE special. Even if you took a YEAR Rob would still have buyers, the little lights are awesome!

It's just the "I'll get it by next thursday" next thursday arrives... "ok, better email Rob, probably being rude" Rob: Sorry, I couldn't forsee that my dog would eat all the tritium, there will be a one week wait, but didn't think to tell you about it till you bugged me. Me (thinks) "so I'm sposed to bug you, does that make my light come faster?"

And then after another few unforseeable delays (however ironically predictable they seem to be as an average), you're feeling quite miffed, because it's just that infantile "But I wanted it for XMAS/EASTER/CAMPING" thing in you, and you worry that by the time it turns up, you're gonna just be annoyed (though I don't think that's every happened to anyone by the time they actually saw a Raw/Wii/Sphee!)

So Rob, don't become any more reliable, just communicate first, associate each order with a due shipping and due arrive-at-door date, and shoot off an email the day before just informing/enquiring as to the status of the torch, and everyone would be SO much happier, and in my case, would send you a lot of business (I'm what you might call a pivotal torch nerd, what I recommend ends up being used by a lot of people in zoos, who pay extra for custom work... on TIME work...).

Flashaholic

yeah, the waiting is ok, but I would like a bit better communication. I don't even need emails, just update the site correctly telling us what is out of stock/waiting on, so we can say "hmm.. out of chargers, and I have one of those in my order, it will probably be delayed...."

hearing from someone else who's been waiting 3 months and only heard that he's waiting on chargers and batteries cuz he bugged rob again, is a bit frustrating

Still can't WAIT to get my light

She has arrived, and she's stunning, thanks Rob!! Will soon add my Sydney Australia photos to your international Lummi wall

Flashaholic

lucky man... I got my batteries from AW today.. they sit here with my wf-139 taunting me... laughing at me as I await my baby...

Well, this is promising; I too am waiting on my Raw Ti, plus locators for my Wee NS, and if people are starting to get their shipments, that means mine might actually leave on-time.

Flashaholic

well, I think both koopa and nonscence asked rob to ship them without the batteries and/or chargers so they wouldn't have to wait as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Ousanas View Post
    well, I think both koopa and nonscence asked rob to ship them without the batteries and/or chargers so they wouldn't have to wait as long.
    I asked Rob to ship my Wee NS without locators so I'd get it sooner, but he's got to send me the locators eventually, and there's no sense wasting postage to send them separate from my larger order this time.

Flashaholic

so anyone heard if rob actually got the batts and chargers and stuff friday like he was hoping? I'm waiting on an email reply from him about it, just wondered if anyone else heard before me.

Nope.

Today, blue trits should be in stock again, Rob have you them?
    In led we trust

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast