Ebay "Fusion" showerhead maglite drop in

khoalie

Newly Enlightened
I was just on ebay looking for... well nothing in particular actually, but that's neither here nor there, when I saw this:

40723.jpg

9d2f3.jpg

a2123.jpg

Anyone have experience with this module? It looks cheap-ish, but I could be wrong. It appears to have a familiar, shower-head-like, beam. Any info anyone?

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
lots and lots and lots and lots of 5mms grouped together... they probably won't last very long.. but maybe they will, looking at the construction..

floody, guaranteed!

khoalie

Newly Enlightened
lots and lots and lots and lots of 5mms grouped together... they probably won't last very long.. but maybe they will, looking at the construction..

floody, guaranteed!

That's what I'm leaning towards, the construction looks decent, i.e. machined aluminum. The auction page says it's designed for 2, 3, or 4 cell maglite, so I assume some type of circuit is utilized.

- edit:
small print says *** Buyer must specify ( ? ) cell version *** :mecry:

khoalie

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Mark, I'm well aware of Gene's work, I'm actually on the lookout for an M30. I just have a bunch of mags laying around and wanted to put together a bunch of different ones. Just wondering if this thing has any semblance of quality. I might just buy it in any case.

khoa

ace0001a

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Mark, I'm well aware of Gene's work, I'm actually on the lookout for an M30. I just have a bunch of mags laying around and wanted to put together a bunch of different ones. Just wondering if this thing has any semblance of quality. I might just buy it in any case.

khoa

Hehe, I was there once where I just wanted to put different drop-ins in my many Maglites...but after finding out that most of them suck or made no sense cost-wise, the itch to do so faded. You're better off doing your own Mag mods...and there are plenty of DIY write-ups here.

Oznog

Enlightened
I'm so used to seeing all these multi-5mm LED lights with the LEDs simply wired in parallel- no ballast resistance. They inevitably self-destruct. Even if you have a cnstant-current buck/boost driver, putting them in parallel without ballast resistance will destroy them. But including resistive ballast significantly reduces the efficiency. And most mfgs don't want to deal with the expense and loss of space in the head for all the resistors.