Smallest 200-Lumen Light Available

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Because of couple CPF fellows, who I consider friends, I beleive that I possess one of the smallest 200-lumen lights available (on the left). It's closest challenger is on the right (UBH+E2C+C2 bezel). I'd certainly like to see pictures of any other challengers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CIMG0047.JPG

paulr

Flashaholic
That's your modified E2e bezel with the P91 lamp? Are you really getting the whole 200 lumens from the small reflector?

Would an E2e body with a cell extender be a little bit shorter?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Yes, modded bezel + P91. A cell extender may be shorter however there is no such animal in production and even if there was, it would be too close to call which is the shortest.

CIMG0048.JPG

As far as getting the full 200-lumens due to the smaller reflector, I didn't take measurements. I guess the point I was making that I was running a 200-lumen rated P91 is such a small configuraton.

paulr

Flashaholic
Well, how does the beam compare to a regular P91 LA on a head intended for it?

DSpeck is taking orders for a cell extender now but I guess they weren't available before. I was thinking of the A19 which is for the larger diameter bodies.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
Because of couple CPF fellows, who I consider friends, I beleive that I possess one of the smallest 200-lumen lights available (on the left). It's closest challenger is on the right (UBH+E2C+C2 bezel). I'd certainly like to see pictures of any other challengers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Nascar, how do you deal with the heat buildup in the E series head? Can you show pics of the modified head and innards?

Brightnorm

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
It gets quite hot and goes into thermal shutdown after 8-12 minutes with the P61. For my purposes, that's OK, since I'm only using it for short bursts and 2-5 minute constant on. This sucker is bright though. It's because of this MOD (invented by Don), that's allowed me to get rid of most of my 6p's, G2's, G2Z, etc. I'll see if I can take some detailed pictures later tonight. It's an easy MOD to perform once you know what to do. I've actually done a couple myself, after learning how to.

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nascar,

how would the modded head look on the UBH - this might be the best looking solution - just take that E2C and Z44 of the UBH and stick that modded E2 bezel wP91 on there. Might be really the smalltest then too.

And I would love to see those MOD pics too

TIA

Klaus

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
It aint available, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but I built this puppy several years ago when the Panasonic 5mm blue diodes on the rear of the Digikey catalog were about $7 ea:
site1031.JPG

I have the P91 back in it- can't seem to decide if I like it better than the 90 or not. Only mod to the LA is to shorten the spring. Body is 3/4" dia, bezel 1.190" dia and OAL is 6.5" The lanyard attachment clamp lets me quickly change which end hangs down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
site1030.jpg

It's got an optical window from Edmund for a lens, held in place by a machined brass circlip. I replaced the Panasonics with Nichias a couple months ago. No, it aint waterproof, but hasn't failed me yet on desert campouts, where it's my #1.

Larry