Auto work/trouble light recommendation

ALiteZ

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a bright but not so expensive work/trouble light to illuminate work area while under car. With summer already upon us here in Texas, it needs to be a cool operator. I have one of those 500w halogens that helped warm the garage last week, but I won't need that side effect until next Dec. At Ace, I saw a Bayco brand 26w flourescent that supposedly illuminates like 125w incandescent for ~$15. Any recommendations on flourescent or LED versions? I don't mind corded versions as I'll basically be using it just in the garage.

Thanks,
Anthony

shuter

Enlightened
Take a look at the long thin trouble lights that use LED's instead of flourescents. I recently bought one that is rechargable. No cords! Durable, Portable light that can also be used elsewhere. I use it in a fish house at night. Mine came with two plastic hooks so I can place it most anywhere.

ALiteZ

Newly Enlightened
I haven't picked up anything yet, but I've started a restore project on a '53 Pontiac so I'm in need. I've had to use the halogen, but have that nagging feeling that I'm going to burn myself when in a tight spot. Thanks for the replies.

Anthony

ponygt65

Enlightened