• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: More Extreme III's made. ENDED!

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just assembled some more Extreme III lights for people who missed out and have up for sale 20pcs.

dzxusp.jpg

qybpu9.jpg

9gaccp.jpg

29o5nxf.jpg

I need to mention that each light is thoroughly tested and burned in for an hour before shipping. The Extreme III is a very complicated single AAA powered flashlight that requires a lot of patience. Further details of the Extreme III is as follows:

The Extreme III is a single AAA powered custom light utilizing cutting edge technology. The body is machined from T6061 aluminum, type III hard anodized in natural ( no mis-match ) combined with double side AR coated mineral glass lens, Custom orange peel aluminum reflector, hand selected Rebel LED for optimum brightness and, a micro processor controlled DC/DC converter with multi functions all packaed into a very small package.
The Extreme III is user programmable and the ultimate 1 x AAA powered custom light made in limited numbers.

Main features:

Unique 2 stage output twisting mechanism which does not require the user to cycle through all modes.
Turn Off Memory - the Extreme III will turn on in the last operating mode.
Programmble output for the 2 stage output and 2 stage SOS.
Programmable output and frequency for the 2 stage Strobe.
No flickering at ANY output level as the frequency of the PWM is set at 7800Hz.
Over discharge protection for Li-Ion & NIMH battery. (ON / OFF)
Indicates battery voltage level by number of blinks.
White diffuser for area lighting. (lantern head, container of lube and spare o-rings included.)
One word of caution is that the Extreme III will be damaged immediately when a 10440 battery is inserted backwards.

emiii001hu1.jpg

emiii002ww7.jpg

emiii003cg5.jpg

emiii004zl5.jpg

Specifications:
LED : Rebel LED bin number NX0D or better.
Input voltage : 0.9V - 5.0V (AAA/10440)
AAA battery chemistry : Alkaline(1.5V), NIMH(1.2V), NICD(1.2), Primary Lithium(1.7V) & rechargeable Li-Ion 10440(4.2V)
Uses PWM at high frequency 7800Hz. No flickering from 0.2% to 100% output
AR Coated glass lens (Diameter 12mm, thickness 1mm)
HA III natural finish, no mis-match.
Single o ring seal at lens, LED module & battery tube.
3 positions twisting action for on/off and programming : off, P1, P2
Tighten for off. Reduce the chances of losing the complete head (bezel & LED module)
Lock out mode : loosen 2 turns
Stable tail stand even with small keyring, similar to the KIB flashlight.
Area lighting with white diffuser installed
water resistant

Size:
Length : 77mm
Diameter : 14mm (bezel)

Main functions: FOUR (4) operating modes

1. Standard mode - 2 output level. default at 15% brightness & 50% brightness

2. User adjustable mode - default at 50%. Adjustable from 0.2% (8 seconds) to 100% (8 seconds)

3. Strobe mode - 2 stobes level. default 1 Hz at 50% brightness at 15.6 Hz at 100% brightness

4. SOS mode - 2 SOS brightness. default 6.5% & 50%. cycle repeats every 3 seconds
all of the above output and frequencies can be changed by the user via the programming function.

FIVE (5) Extra functions

1. Battery voltage indicator - works on Alkaline, NIMH & Lithium Ion battery

2. Programming function - User can define the output and frequencies of the 4 operating modes mentioned above

3. Demo function - Will display all available brightness and frequencies of the four operating modes. Demo runs for a few minutes and revert back to previous operating mode

4. Overdischarge protection for rechargeable batteries - works on NIMH & Lithium Ion battery (4.2V, 10440)

5. Factory reset - Restore EEPROM back to factory default settings for all operating modes & extra functions

The Extreme III has a unique design in its software code. It will remember the last operating mode when the light is turned off. the next time the user turns on the light, it will turn on in the last operating mode (i.e. previous mode).
for example, if you use your Extreme III mainly as strobe light or SOS, you do not need to go through the process of selecting strobe or SOS again everytime you turn it on.

Here is a video showing how to program the P1 and P2 settings:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ExtremeIII.flv

The second video shows how to use the user adjustable mode:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ustableMod.flv

The price of the Extreme III is $90.00 which includes Paypal fees and shipping via express mail (EMS) to anywhere in the world. The Extreme III is in stock and will ship immediatelly. I can only accept Paypal for payment. When sending payment, make sure to include your full name, CPF NAME, complete shipping address and what you are paying for. Please send your payment to: arcmania (at) hotmail (dot) com Thank you.

ARC mania

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Re: FS: More Extreme III's made.

Great little lite. I neck carry mine 24/7. Default setting works just fine for me. Currently am using a Kirkland Alkaline AAA.

Bill

The Coach

Enlightened

Great little light. I just got one and if you are on the fence, jump off and get one. :thumbsup:

XFlash

Enlightened

How low is the low setting compared to something like the HDS?
Thanks

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

How low is the low setting compared to something like the HDS?
Thanks

I would guess below 1 lumen, but lux might be lower than the HDS, which really gets low, low, due to beam pattern of Extreme III.

Bill

Sector7

Enlightened

According to what has been printed, if the high is about 100 Lumens and the stated low is .2% then look at the math, its should be well below 1 lumen. :whistle:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

According to what has been printed, if the high is about 100 Lumens and the stated low is .2% then look at the math, its should be well below 1 lumen. :whistle:

Thanks, I miss read that as 2%.

Bill

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just went through all twenty units and noticed there was a slight tolerance while set in the lowest setting. A couple Extreme III's were the same brightness as the EDC 120 set in its lowest setting and the rest produced even more less light.

ARC mania

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Brizzler: Results were from alkaline/Nimh/L92 primary lithium.

I don't own any 10440's. I have no data with these cells. I had feed back from members who have used 10440's and recommend setting the P2 level at 70 to 80% when using this battery as the VF is pretty low on these Rebels used and due to the limited aluminum mass, its difficult keeping the Rebel happy.

ARC mania

gottawearshades

Enlightened

Just wanted to say, these are terrific lights.

My wife and each have one of these on our keys. It's just about the perfect pocket light.

If I had the extra cash, I'd buy another as a spare!

W8HF

Newly Enlightened

I love the Extreme III I recently purchased. It is a wonderful light and though the UI is complex it is easy to learn as it uses a consistent pattern for programming. :thumbsup:

I would love to get one with a RED LED for astronomy use where night vision must be preserved. Is that possible? :drool:

-Charles

h2oflyer

Enlightened

I also love my Extreme III that I just got. First time using 10440's. The light is insanely bright at 100%. Have started using light at default settings of P1/15%....P2/50% ...and User mode at 100% for brief(under 10 sec) use. I had a LF3XT so programming wasn't too bad.

It was thanks to Derek Dean and his post on the earlier FS thread that prompted me to get this light.

Walter