Especially for Wal-Mart

J

Just1question

Everyone here seems to be extremely knowledgable about flashlights and i have to admit that I am a neophyte. I am not a serious light user, but I need some help.
I have a japanese customer that read about a special LED light that was developed especially for Wal-Mart and sold under a Wal-Mart brand. He is bound and determined to find this light and equip his cars and camping gear with them. Based on what I have seen on these pages, there are hundreds of good LED lights available, but I would like to give my customer a gift of exactly what he is looking for. Can anyone tell me which light was developed specifically for Wal-Mart stores? I recently looked at four stores in the Tulsa area, but the only decent light I could find was the Brinkman Rebel. It is not bad for $12, but it didn't say Wal-Mart on the container.
Thank you for your time. <font color="blue"> </font>

franken2

Newly Enlightened
i regularly check a couple walmarts in the philly area and haven't seen any walmart branded ones. i'll keep looking though. oh, and welcome to cpf!

gyverpete

Enlightened
Can you be more specific? Like, keychain size or larger? What size batteries does it take? Metal or plastic body? Any details you can provide on what your customer read about would be helpful if someone else here doesn't already know which one he means, or if there is more than one. I'll look in my local walmart next chance I get.

J

Just1question

He said it is a 2AA size unit similar to a 2AA Mag. In fact, the Brinkman I found at Wal-Mart fits that description, but it didn't say anything about Wal-Mart on the package.
By the way, he read about it in a Japanese newspaper in the tech news section, but he doesn't have the copy any more. Wal-Mart is becoming famous over here since they will soon open a store in my Tokyo neiborhood.

gyverpete

Enlightened
I would assume that even though Walmart strives for consistency in inventory from one store to the next, there are items that you'll find in one location and not in another. One light that comes to mind is the Brinkmann LX (not the light you're looking for). Perhaps Japanese Walmarts have their own inventory changes to suit the demographics and the light he wants may not be available in the US. Maybe some of the CPF members from your part of the world will respond with the answer.

Inverse Square

Newly Enlightened
I recently found a line of aluminum lights at Walmart that have a Walmart house brand. I can't remember the name but if you flip it over and read the back the Walmart name is there in the fine print. I did not notice if there was an LED model.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's possible that your friend was reading a pre-production press release about a product that was just now developed in Japan for distribution by Wal-Mart. I check their flashlight dept often - nothing matches your brief description. By all means, get us some more details.

Empath

Flashaholic
There is a Garrity 2AA aluminum light that Walmart carries. I believe it uses a T2 lamp instead of a T1. Instead of selling it under the name of Garrity, they sell it under a name that Walmart uses for their sporting goods. I can't remember that name at this moment. I've not seen the light anywhere except Walmart.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Came back from Walmart earlier this evening, and there isn't anything there that's 2AA based, LED, and had a Walmart brand name on it...

Chances are, it might've been another light, and the tag wasn't really Walmart's...

Empath

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Empath,

"Ozark Trail"? But it is not an LED unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
Came back from Walmart earlier this evening, and there isn't anything there that's 2AA based, LED, and had a Walmart brand name on it...

"Ozark Trail"? But it is not an LED unfortunately.

Also my findings - in Pennsylvania.
P.S. Searching both Wal-Mart and Sams' Club websites turned up nothing.

Chances are, it might've been another light, and the tag wasn't really Walmart's...

[/ QUOTE ]

C

Cosmic Superchunk

Other than the "Ozark Trail" name, Wal-Mart also sells a series of incandescent flashlights and batteries under the name "EverActive." The flashlights are rebadged Garrity lights and come in aluminum/blue rubber bodies. Alas, there are no LED lights under Wal-Mart's "EverActive" name.

The only LED lights I have seen at Wal-Mart are from Brinkmann, Rayovac and Energizer headlamps, as well as cheap imported LED headlamps called "Cyclops" lights.