Does the Surefire strike bezel reduce spill?

cleetus03

Newly Enlightened
[FONT=&quot] Does the surefire 6pd crenellated Strike Bezel reduce spill output?

The bezel teeth project further out than the regular 6p bezel. I would assume this affects output to some degree, but am hoping it is to minute to be concerned.

I appreciate any help or answers yall can provide![/FONT]

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does reduce the spill by creating crenellation shadows on the outer edge of the flood beam. Personally, I do not think it is a big deal as it only affects the spill by a small amount, but spill is affected and noticeable if you are looking for it.

If maximum spill is desired, then stay away from crenellations. Just my $0.02. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:

bloke-gear.com

Newly Enlightened
It does reduce the spill by creating crenellation shadows on the outer edge of the flood beam. Personally, I do not think it is a big deal as it only affects the spill by a small amount, but spill is affected and noticeable if you are looking for it.

If maximum spill is desired, then stay away from crenellations. Just my $0.02. Good luck with your choice.

I agree both in the fact it does make SOME difference but that the difference is very small. I just did a short test out of curiosity and it's only noticeable when you look really hard. If you need, or just prefer the strike bezel for any reason, you should just go for it.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
for most purposes it has no ill effect but if your going to be working within 1ft. of something (in which case you wouldnt need the 6P's 60+ lumens) then yea you would notice it

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it was designed to create spill? ... maybe that's not exactly what your talking about.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
With reflectored lamp assemblies it does.
I don't think it does with Malkoff drop-ins that use optics, because the optic itself is actually a smaller diameter |\/| than a regular LA. At least I don't remember the outline of the teeth on the wall after putting a Malkoff in a 6PD I was giving as a gift. I'll see it again tonight, and will check it.
Either way, it's a small difference. The shock isolated bezels are the only ones I've used that noticeably reduced spill size.