South Florida, 305/954

jblackwood

Enlightened
South Florida, 305/954/561

I'd really be interested in organizing a get-together for all other flashaholics down here. How many are on the forum?

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Thanks. Does anyone who's viewing this have any idea how to get more eyes on this post? I've included a link in my signature and I try to post like crazy . . . any other ideas?

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I still lived there, I'd definitely want to get something going! :D I grew up in Delray Beach, one of the few natives in South FL... lived there 32 years before moving out here in CA. I miss it! The beach, the everglades... the sharks and the alligators! :grin2:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Hiya Jay! I remember you mentioning that way back when I first got started in this hobby (about a year ago). Though I've bought many more flashlights, I have yet to get another MC-E . . . my DBS is my most used, go-to light down here. Only my DEFT has displaced the DBS I have loaded with an aspheric . . . but I take it with me when the DEFT is too large to carry.

Let me know if you ever come back to visit! Things have changed in Delray (my wife lived there before we got married and we still own her old place there) and that's just in the last 6 years!

jeeves

Newly Enlightened
941 here. Sarasota.

Link in your sig got me here. I'd be interested in a meet-up of sorts.

jblackwood

Enlightened
Awesome, jeeves! Thanks for posting. I'll let you know. I've found two other people who are local (305).

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hiya Jay! I remember you mentioning that way back when I first got started in this hobby (about a year ago). Though I've bought many more flashlights, I have yet to get another MC-E . . . my DBS is my most used, go-to light down here. Only my DEFT has displaced the DBS I have loaded with an aspheric . . . but I take it with me when the DEFT is too large to carry.

Let me know if you ever come back to visit! Things have changed in Delray (my wife lived there before we got married and we still own her old place there) and that's just in the last 6 years!

Yep, sure has changed. I manage to get back there every year for a couple of days. I'll have to get in touch the next time I go!

Last edited:

F350

Newly Enlightened
Im in 904 and would be intrested in motoring down

Eric

jblackwood

Enlightened
Seems like we've got enough people to make a little night out worthwhile! Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a night out to the Everglades followed by some brews at Tootsie's. Not everyone is usually ok with going to a skin joint, but I've made the first suggestion. Another issue is when. It should be some time in the Spring before it gets too hot and humid, as it tends to get. Sorry I've neglected this thread a bit. I cleared out all my subscriptions and forgot about it. Do any of you have any barnburners or HIDs? All I've got is my Stanley HID.

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Ok, time to get serious. No one has responded to my suggestion as far as activities go, which we can always discuss later. How about dates? What's good for everyone? Weekends, weekdays? March, mid-March? April? Any suggestions, guys? How about bars or marinas, anyone have a boat (I sure don't!).

Mike@PTS

Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Todd from http://www.illuminationgear.com/ is in Rockledge, FL. I'm sure he'll be interested if he's got time. I just sent him an email with a link to this thread. Maybe he can get some samples from EagleTac or something. :twothumbs

I wish I could make it but FL is a long ways away from WA.

PS; Once you get a little more organized you might want to ask Gretta about posting an ad on the forum for more exposure.

Last edited: