Acebeam        

Thread: theLIGHTsite is no more !

Default theLIGHTsite is no more !

That's right! I bought a REAL domain name! It is now FLASHLIGHTREVIEWS.COM !!! (you can still get there with the old address - flashlightreviews.com just redirects to the old URL.)

Kickin' it up a notch! Now you all know why the color scheme change was implemented.

I'm updating the site now. I also got hold of flashlightreviews (at) yahoo.com - this will be the new e-mail address very soon.

Default Re: theLIGHTsite is no more !

Had me worried for a minute there! Welcome to the world of owning your own domain! I`ve updated my Link page.

-

About that sig line of yours - it`s still the old banner linking to the old address but the added text suggests it should point at a new one..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

I had three pages to update & FTP up, but that's all done now. So I'm all set. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Congratulations on getting the new URL. It's quite fitting (and flattering) for your website. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    It'll be awhile before all the search engines spider in your new domain name, but as long as visitors can continue to use your old URL, you won't lose anyone. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Thanks!

If you're seeing the old banner, do a ctrl-refresh with your browser - it's pulling thelightsite sig banner from your local cache. Did the same thing to me at first. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The old URL will stay in place for at least a while with the new just redirecting to it. I subscribe to AT&T Worldnet, so I'm planning on eventually moving my pages there, like the LED museum site, I just don't know when.

Congratulations on the upgrade. Your use of "Foam Head Fred" for headlight reviews is an innovative and helpful idea.

Brightnorm

don't forget to change your sig too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

edit: never mind. Stupid me. I thought the website name was changed all together.

<font color="800080">If you're seeing the old banner, do a ctrl-refresh with your browser - it's pulling thelightsite sig banner from your local cache. Did the same thing to me at first. </font>

Aah, that`s better!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]