having a flashlight is so useful

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time and time again I am reminded of how useful my flashlights are.

Last night I was in the gym locker room after showering, and bam the lights turn off via a timer as it's near closing time.

There were a couple of other guys in there, and when it went pitch black those guys started cursing.

I reached for my constant faithful companion, my original Nitecore D10 purchased a couple of years ago, hit the on button, and BAM the room lights up brightly.

The other guys instantly stop bitching and get their stuff together, and keep thanking me and marvelling that a tiny flashlight could be so bright. :devil:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time and time again I am reminded of how useful my flashlights are.

Last night I was in the gym locker room after showering, and bam the lights turn off via a timer as it's near closing time.

There were a couple of other guys in there, and when it went pitch black those guys started cursing.

I reached for my constant faithful companion, my original Nitecore D10 purchased a couple of years ago, hit the on button, and BAM the room lights up brightly.

The other guys instantly stop bitching and get their stuff together, and keep thanking me and marvelling that a tiny flashlight could be so bright. :devil:

It hasn't been that long has it? ;)

GreyShark

Enlightened
I used a SureFire C3 equipped with an M60W and 2x AW 17500's to illuminate an octopus that was hidden in a dark corner today. I was sure grateful I had it along.

GPB

Enlightened
I guess I sort of take it for granted that people have flashlights around their house. My 7 year old had some friends over the other night and when one of the parents came to pick up their son, we talked about how her son had a ball running around with a flashlight after we turned off all the lights. Her respose was "How did you get 5 kids to share 1 flashlight ?" When I told her each kid had a light she was shocked. She was stunned that I was able to come up with 5 flashlights, and didn't understand the need to have more than one. Then I told her that I was able to come up with 5 cheap lights that cost less than 20 bucks, she thought a $20 flashlight must be gold plated and she certainly would let kid use it !! I'm pretty sure I could have thrown her into Cardiac Arrest right there if I showed her my E1B and told her what it costs !!!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story!!

I have been in the mall & supermarket when the power has gone out. I have been the only one around with a flashlight.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story!!

I have been in the mall & supermarket when the power has gone out. I have been the only one around with a flashlight.

:eek: did anyone shoplift?
Probably you're the only one that gets to continue shopping. :D