Newbie, just bought Elektrolumens drop-in.

StrictlyAmateur

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, this is only my 2nd post so forgive me if I've posted in the incorrect forum.
I just purchased an Elektrolumens MCE III drop-in for a 3D cell mag. I don't have the host yet and was wondering what my options are as far as body and battery size, type, and configuration were concerned.
This will be my first "real" flashlight (not counting the Zebralight H-30 I bought last month after discovering;) this sight).
I'm also on the list for the OMG Blacktie but couldn't wait (I'm sure most of you are immune to such pressure).
Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Hi everyone, this is only my 2nd post so forgive me if I've posted in the incorrect forum.
I just purchased an Elektrolumens MCE III drop-in for a 3D cell mag. I don't have the host yet and was wondering what my options are as far as body and battery size, type, and configuration were concerned.
This will be my first "real" flashlight (not counting the Zebralight H-30 I bought last month after discovering;) this sight).
I'm also on the list for the OMG Blacktie but couldn't wait (I'm sure most of you are immune to such pressure).
Any advice or recommendation will be appreciated.

No, most of us a not immune to that kind of pressure. Rarely a true flashaholic can say that he or she does not mind the wait, and yes, we have been known to purchase other lights in the meantime. You are not alone.

Have fun with your EL MCE. Wayne makes some nuce setups, and I have bought many in the past.

Bill

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd keep it simple. Pick your favorite color 3D Mag host and go with three AccuPower LSD NiMH D cells. Or, pick your favorite color 2D Mag host and go with three AccuPower LSD NiMH C cells, a length of PVC pipe to keep the batteries from rattling and a modified tail spring. Maybe add a UCL lens, but that's it.

StrictlyAmateur

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the feedback.
I think I'll take your advice and stick with a 3d Mag and have it "finned" at some point.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Oh you're completely screwed; once you see that much light coming out of a 3D Mag, 95% of the lights in this forum won't interest you..

:welcome::party: