Lummi Raw Ti - Threading Question

MKLight

Enlightened
Hey! I have a question in regards to my Lummi Raw Ti. I also have a Lummi Raw NS. The threading on the Ti is at .5mm, while the NS is at 1mm (I believe those are the accurate readings). Anyway, on the Ti, there is much more play in the threading. It takes about a half + turn to fully turn the light off. I mean that when you turn it off, it will "click" on momentarily. Usually that's not a major issue, but if I haven't fully turned it a minimum of a 1/2 turn off, the light may turn itself back on resulting in a dead battery when I need it. I sent it back to Rob @ Lummi and he said it is within spec. The NS doesn't do this at all.

I found a sort of simple solution by putting teflon plumbers tape on it. This eliminates the "click." The only problem is that it is only a temporary fix. When I turn it on and off several times (simulating real world use), the plumbers tape binds up toward the bottom near the o-ring. I know in actual real world use, this probably would happen near battery rechargings, but is there a more permanent fix? I'm a little mechanically inclined, but not overly...so is there a permanent, simple fix? :D

Thanks in advance for your help!
Mike

MKLight

Enlightened
Is this the best alternative? Would putting some sort of adhesive on the threading last longer?

Thanks,
Mike